PDA

View Full Version : Got my Mugen suspension installed!

Whiteboy
01-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Like the title says, got my Mugen susp put on Thursday. Like others, I only have positive things to say about it. No body roll at ALL, ride is close to stock quality, and the looks of the drop are perfect! It's been raining here everyday since then, but I should have pics up this afternoon; stock rims.

JapanExpress
01-20-2004, 08:40 AM
How much did the install cost? Glad to hear you enjoy it, sounds like the perfect solution for a lot of people.

notsofast
01-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Last I saw, the cost of the setup at kingmotorsports.com was $1000 USD. However, I don't have any clue how much it would cost for installation (seeing how I don't happen to have a garage to work out of I'm going to have to take it to a near by suspension place) I was going to hold out for the H&R Cup kit (the coilovers, not just the springs), but I haven't heard anything positive about them. In fact, I've been hearing that there's serious questions about their quality and ruggedness.

In any case, it's nice to know that SOMEBODY got suspension work done besides springs! I've been hearing that the drop is about 1" on all sides... is that correct?

Well, let me know your overall impressions after you've driven it for sometime. I'm looking to getting a similar setup this summer with stock wheels. However, it looks like I might have to go with another setup if the drop is less than an inch.

Thanks for the info!

JapanExpress
01-20-2004, 10:35 AM
AFAIK, the Mugen drop is around 1.4"

andy
01-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by notsofast

In any case, it's nice to know that SOMEBODY got suspension work done besides springs! I've been hearing that the drop is about 1" on all sides... is that correct?

Well, let me know your overall impressions after you've driven it for sometime. I'm looking to getting a similar setup this summer with stock wheels. However, it looks like I might have to go with another setup if the drop is less than an inch.

Thanks for the info!

notsofast, there's several of us (fsugatorbait, Type X, HondaMan, off
the top of my head) who have full coilovers. Browse back through
the suspension forum (might have to go back 6 months) and you'll surely
find some posts from owners of KW V2's, these Mugens and various
Teins.
There are definitely a TON of Mugen reviews/pics, you'd just have to
search to find them all. It seemed for a month or two that probably
20 people got the Mugens. A couple guys at honda-tech.com really, really
like them.

fsugatorbait
01-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by andy
notsofast, there's several of us (fsugatorbait, Type X, HondaMan, off
the top of my head) who have full coilovers. Browse back through
the suspension forum (might have to go back 6 months) and you'll surely
find some posts from owners of KW V2's, these Mugens and various
Teins.
There are definitely a TON of Mugen reviews/pics, you'd just have to
search to find them all. It seemed for a month or two that probably
20 people got the Mugens. A couple guys at honda-tech.com really, really
like them.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pd48dac4a2ebc8c9ccaf93cbfd64aab11/fa08c27d.gif

Whiteboy
01-20-2004, 03:39 PM
She sooooo Durtaayy!

http://www26.brinkster.com/do0msday/Car1.JPG

http://www26.brinkster.com/do0msday/Car2.JPG

http://www26.brinkster.com/do0msday/Car3.JPG

http://www26.brinkster.com/do0msday/Car4.JPG

http://www26.brinkster.com/do0msday/DirtyEPhatch.JPG

DumbNewB
01-20-2004, 04:47 PM
I see only red X's

EP3inRI
01-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Nice...:D
The drop looks clean... The car looks dirty, but if you wash it you'll ruin your custom ephatch.com mod... don't feel bad, my car is even dirtier becuase it hasn't reached freezing in about a week and a half, so I can't wash it or I'll be frozen out...

johnkimble
01-21-2004, 09:20 PM
badass!!! i just ordered mine this morning w/the spoon t1r bpipe, dc5r rear sway and ctr uk flag badging for $1400 shipped for everything. going to have a wonderful day of installs when combined w/my spoon n1 :) i can't wait -- you need rims (so do i) haha but your car definately makes me satisfied knowing i'm not the only one on mugen's w/stock tires. great choice.

gonna get a camber kit?? (just knowing what to look foward to)

peace :eek:

SiR_d1
01-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by johnkimble
badass!!! i just ordered mine this morning w/the spoon t1r bpipe, dc5r rear sway and ctr uk flag badging for $1400 shipped for everything. going to have a wonderful day of installs when combined w/my spoon n1 :) i can't wait -- you need rims (so do i) haha but your car definately makes me satisfied knowing i'm not the only one on mugen's w/stock tires. great choice.

gonna get a camber kit?? (just knowing what to look foward to)

peace :eek:

those are some very nice buys:)

Whiteboy
01-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Rims and a camber kit will be coming in a few weeks, like the sig says, money comes slow. :)

the JigGa mAn
01-22-2004, 12:28 AM
mugen is non adjustable correct? how is the ride quality?

Whiteboy
01-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Yes, it is non-adjustable. Rides close to stock, you'll notice bumps a little more but nothing unbearable.

Gasp23
01-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks whiteboy for the pics. Your car looks excatly like mine except it has different stat license plates and a tint. I love the way they look. I'm currently saving for the Mugen suspension and the pics definitely helped.

Thanks again. One question though, how tough was the install? I would like to do this myself but it would be the first time doing anything like that to a car. Any info would be great.

Civicvtec1ps
01-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Drop isnt low enough for personal taste.
Thats even higher than my tein s tech springs.
Car looks clean though.

Whiteboy
01-22-2004, 02:31 PM
I paid a shop, owned by a friend, of a friend lol. Looked simple, he did it in an hour and a half, but with all the right tools.

fsugatorbait
01-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Whiteboy
Looked simple, he did it in an hour and a half, but with all the right tools.

he must have, thats pretty impressive even with all the right tools.

Gasp23
01-22-2004, 02:41 PM
thanks for the reply Whiteboy. I guess I'll start looking at where I can do this.

batboy02si
01-22-2004, 05:37 PM
i was wondering how those would be, look great. i think thats the way to go, especially with the crappy roads in mass. now to find the money...

johnkimble
01-26-2004, 09:35 PM
yeah i'm excited to see what they can do. i previously had an EG on eibach sportlines and tokico 5way's. not too much of a drop, but more than enough responsiveness. i don't know about you guys but i really don't like my car all that low. for me 1.5 will be perfect. less than 2" will be a perfect ride and i'm sure the mugens will ride very dreamy when matched with a good set of wheels and some sticky tires. mmm i can't wait. gimme 2 weeks :)

haha wash that caR!!!!

Gasp23
01-27-2004, 06:55 AM
I agree with you John. I like a 1.5" drop. I don't like the "slammed" look. I like a nice sporty look with obviously the functionality.

Saving $ so I can get my Mugen.

trk
01-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Drop is less than Eibach which claims 1.4 or 1.5 --- Id say the mugen drop is 1.25 or so... an extra finger over the Eibachs.