PDA

View Full Version : Short Ram Intake Install

Bart02SIR
01-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Guys, going to do my first mod. Friend of mine gave me an Injen Short Ram intake (for FREE!!!!). As far as installation goes, should I be concerend about anything in particular, or is its as simple as unscrewing my stock box and replaicg it whith my intake? Thanks.

gr8buddha
01-20-2004, 12:25 PM
its easy man.. pretty straight forward.. just rip out the stoack air box and install the short ram. everything lines perfect. should take you bout 30 min max.

congrats on your first mod.. its gonna give like 10 - 15 hp...

j/k :D

IIx 03 EP xII
01-20-2004, 12:41 PM
everybody told me it was easy too... but the stock box and hoses are a PAIN to take out. its not as easy as it looks. i think the honda techs built the car around the stock airbox (at least it seems that way cuz how tight it is squeezed in there. the hoses are a pain cuz they are all oiled on the inside so it creates quite a suction and glue. just keep tugging and twistin is all i did. once you get the stock air refrigerator box out, then... IT IS easy.

DavidT
01-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Uhh...my intake box and all its junk came out in less than 2-3 minutes. A few bolts and every slid out... Not really hard.

IIx 03 EP xII
01-20-2004, 08:53 PM
my intake box wouldnt come out... after all the bolts and everything... it wouldnt just slide right out for some reason, which i figured it would. there were those two reservoirs right above it... and it wouldnt go past those for some reason... it pissed me off... i seriously had to put one foot up on my headlight and then pull and tug until it came out.

IIx 03 EP xII
01-20-2004, 08:57 PM
my intake box wouldnt come out... after all the bolts and everything... it wouldnt just slide right out for some reason, which i figured it would. there were those two reservoirs right above it... and it wouldnt go past those for some reason... it pissed me off... i seriously had to put one foot up on my headlight and then pull and tug until it came out.