PDA

View Full Version : piaa h4 super plasma help

k20whiteboi269
01-20-2004, 03:04 PM
today i installed a set of piaa h4 super plasmas in my car and after i was finished i noticed that only the high beams are working. i was carefull not to touch the bulbs so im pretty sure its a diff problem. just seems weird that both dims wouldnt light, do i need a diff harness?(same wattage as oem tho) or could it be something else?

any help would be appreciated.

k20whiteboi269
01-20-2004, 03:33 PM
hmmm anyone lol?

Spazhead
01-20-2004, 05:11 PM
sounds weird, trying putting one side back to originals and see if you have the same prob.

Speck
01-20-2004, 07:14 PM
OK, I had the same prob but it was after I had a set of aftermarket lights in. The dealer said it was due to my wattage of the lights, and that it burned out the "switch". Switch? What F-ing switch? I have one switch for the lights.... on and off. The brights are a Moment switch... dunno. But the dealer had to "fix" it.

-=speck=-

k20whiteboi269
01-20-2004, 07:50 PM
well stock bulbs are back in the car and both beams work fine. so its something with those piaa bulbs. they have no burn marks or broken filament so i dont know. oh well i called the place i got them, and a new set is coming my way.

SF-SI-02
01-20-2004, 08:26 PM
I liked mine for the three months they lasted. You may want to check the three contact "pins" and make sure they are all clean...

Best

Spazhead
01-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by k20whiteboi269
well stock bulbs are back in the car and both beams work fine. so its something with those piaa bulbs. they have no burn marks or broken filament so i dont know. oh well i called the place i got them, and a new set is coming my way.

good to here the place you got them from is taking care of you. hard to believe 2 burnt out right out of the box.

Gotta love piaa's 1 year warranty.

EP GFX '03
01-21-2004, 09:41 AM
You know that in the instructions for installation of the bulbs, it explicity says to check to see if the correct filament is lit up during low and high beam. I always wondered what the heck was up with that, but I guess now I know.

CivicSiR
01-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Hey there,

I had the plasma GTs. Awesome bulbs. They did blow out though, after like a year..so I put my stock bulbs back in, which was interesting because I realized how much better stockies light up the road right in front of you... anyway... When my low beams went out, I had to run my HIGH beams at night, which was fun, but needless to say, people got really angry at me cuz they're bright as f#@%#^.

Where did you buy your bulbs? Did you break the seal on the piaa box to get to the bulbs?

C1V1C
01-23-2004, 01:45 PM
My Plasma Gt were burnt also after 6 months. Now I have Spark 8000 and they are doing fine. Almost a Year now .... :) heheh Straight from JAPAN heheh :)

irrational
01-28-2004, 12:21 AM
are you referring to the piaa super plasma gtX bulbs? i installed mine with no probs. i really like em so far. just a tad too much purple/blue for me though. cops in my area suck and that is the only reason for my :(