PDA

View Full Version : Type-R JDM or USDM

KingGreg86
01-20-2004, 08:15 PM
ok here is my delema(cant spell)...i am looking to get the type-r kit but im not sure if it is worth it to get the real jdm or just get the usdm. I have a replica bc on right now, and the problem is it comes a little to low for me to drive safly without chipping or scratching(lots of steep driveways and such). But i was thinking that the type-r kit probubly doesn't come down as low as the bc kit and the rounded edges will probubly help iwith inclines and what have u. Just wanted to get some opinions on what i should do. by the way im gonna be getting some 16's so the ride height should be a tad bit larger, so that will prolly help to. sry for the long winded thread but im really torn, and a value the opinion of my ephatch family:D ...

Si Death
01-20-2004, 08:27 PM
whats your drop. THe jdm bc front bumper shouldnt scrape.

KingGreg86
01-20-2004, 08:42 PM
should have stated better. ATM i have a replica bc kit with no drop, and the kit doesnt scrape most of the time, but in the case of a steep incline, like my own driveway:( , it does scrap a bit. I was just wondering if the replica type-r kit would hold up better or at least not take away as much ride height so i wont have to constintly saying to myself "not to fast, dont wanna scrape or chip the kit!"

Dunrick
01-20-2004, 09:01 PM
JDM one is much more flush w/ the body. If you saw them side by side, you would see. The JDM one looks much better

MUCH better......

KingGreg86
01-20-2004, 09:05 PM
should have stated better. ATM i have a replica bc kit with no drop, and the kit doesnt scrape most of the time, but in the case of a steep incline, like my own driveway:( , it does scrap a bit. I was just wondering if the replica type-r kit would hold up better or at least not take away as much ride height so i wont have to constintly saying to myself "not to fast, dont wanna scrape or chip the kit!"

Dunrick
01-20-2004, 09:09 PM
JDM one is much more flush w/ the body. If you saw them side by side, you would see. The JDM one looks much better

MUCH better......

JapanExpress
01-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Get the JDM. The USDM is fiberglass and will crack if you are rough on it.

JapanExpress
01-20-2004, 09:15 PM

JapanExpress
01-20-2004, 09:15 PM

JapanExpress
01-20-2004, 09:22 PM

ULTRAMANIA
01-20-2004, 11:55 PM
whats with the multiple posts? but yea.. i must say without being to biased here, the JDM ones LOOK soooo much better.. the USDM bumpers stick out way to much and it just looks like the bumpers are overpowering the lips.. plus like JapanExpress said, they're not made out of fiberglass.. if you're willing to shed out that money.. go for the JDM.. JDM all the way.

Si Death
01-21-2004, 01:09 AM
and the jdm hangs just as low as the buddy club. only difference is if you get the genuine jdm kit, its gonna be urethane so its gonna be a lot stronger.

KeNnYtAkEr
01-21-2004, 06:16 AM
JDM for sure comes pre painted by factory so no matching color issues. the only thing I think is the side skirts they have plastic type socket things that our cars don't have the pre drilled holes for but you can use double sided sticky tape for that and pop out the plastic rivet things. other then this the only other problem with the JDM kit is the cost of the FRONT & Rear Bumpers that you must buy in order to fit the CTR kit not to mention those rebars that just look like 2 thin sheets of metal. How I see if you can afford it JDM is always the way to go. But if not USDM is alright. but if ur goign USDM I'd get the Mugen usdm version. Just my 2 cents. ;)

fsugatorbait
01-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by KeNnYtAkEr
JDM for sure comes pre painted by factory so no matching color issues.

The only color that is a match from the factory is black.

KeNnYtAkEr
01-21-2004, 07:20 PM
It comes in Silver and the milano red too. just not musatr yellow, white peral or the blue.

SuperCoolBlueSI
01-21-2004, 08:56 PM
im on a tight buget is there anywere i can get the jdm on cheaper than 2000 bones?

02civicSI
01-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SuperCoolBlueSI
im on a tight buget is there anywere i can get the jdm on cheaper than 2000 bones?

sell your engine...ok heres what i am doing. saving up for a k20a, then selling my a3 and using the money to buy a jdm type-r kit :D

KeNnYtAkEr
01-21-2004, 09:13 PM
$2000 US? damn get the Mugen Replica kit yo. it's like $600 for the side, front and rear lips.

KingGreg86
01-31-2004, 10:39 PM
if i was gonna get a replica kit i would get the usdm type-r. but they are made of fiberglass wich is horrible for my area(very hilly with lots of steep inclines). i think ill go with the jdm type-r from showstoppers

ULTRAMANIA
01-31-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by KingGreg86
if i was gonna get a replica kit i would get the usdm type-r. but they are made of fiberglass wich is horrible for my area(very hilly with lots of steep inclines). i think ill go with the jdm type-r from showstoppers

good choice.. you won't regret it one bit.

BlackSi613nin
01-31-2004, 11:46 PM
i would get the jdm kit.. for me the usdm lip kit doesnt cut it, the more and more i notice that little bump the usdm bumper has, the more it annoys me.. the jdm bumper/lips look so much more cleen, if i had 1900 bux to spend, i would get a full jdm kit..(fizz auto),

joHn

KingGreg86
02-01-2004, 12:00 AM
though fizz had it for like 2300 or something...isnt showstoppers the cheapest at 2082 shipped?

BlackSi613nin
02-01-2004, 12:10 AM
look in group buy.. here
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7121

"CTR KIT (Championship White / Milano Red / Knight hawk black Pearl)

Including:

Front and Rear JDM Bumper Covers
Front and Rear CTR Lips
CTR Side Skirts (Pair)
CTR Head Lights (Pair)
CTR Tail Lights (Pair)
CTR "H" Badges Front and Rear
CTR British Flag

Special price for this complete kit will be $2,525.00 shipped within the 48 states.

Orders will be arriving with our shipment from Japan and we can add orders up until the 27th of January so act fast and get the kit at this great price!

Also SEPARATELY we can offer these prices.

CTR Head Lights (Pair) - $380 shipped (within the 48 states)
CTR Tail Lights (Pair) - $230 shipped (within the 48 states)
CTR Kit (6 Pieces) - $1,920 shipped (within the 48 states)
[CTR kit comes with Free CTR "H" Badges and British Flag Badge"

joHn

KingGreg86
02-01-2004, 12:16 AM
VERY VERY NICE

Ep3 No.2
04-19-2004, 11:19 PM
well if you got the cash go with jdm.
but if you tight on it jus go with the usdm with your stock bumper.

Makross
04-21-2004, 02:03 PM
JDM is the way to go!

Hatchtastic
04-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Are you ever going to get a drop? If you do I bet the JDM will be just as low as your replica kit with no drop. But it is urathane so only the paint will flake no breaks(you didnt say break anyways, did ya?). I dont like the JDM. People cant even tell its on. Not worth the money to me. Sounds like you need to move if you want your problem solved ;)

KimchiBoy_TypeR
04-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Deffinately go with the JDM one!!! I was thinking of going with the replica sides and rear and get a real JDM front. That would deffinately save you some cash;)

ViViDPeArL
05-03-2004, 10:33 AM
i think you have to buy two re-enforcement bars too don't you? SuperRacerTypeR had to when he installed his JDM bumpers...

!@#$%
05-03-2004, 06:19 PM
i dont have 3000 dollars to throw around on a few pieces of plastic so I got the usdm. I'm happy with it for almost a 1/4 of the price of jdm.

SiCK EP3
06-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
The only color that is a match from the factory is black.

ive got an 04 in black and i want to buy the jdm type r kit...does anyone know where i can get it and give me a price?

thanks

dan

SiCK EP3
06-09-2004, 02:54 PM
also, do i need the jdm bumpers for the kit to fit right?