PDA

View Full Version : Hondata on stock ep?

BSEVEER
01-20-2004, 08:27 PM
What do you guys think about the reflash on an otherwise totally stock motor? Obviously the gains are less than that of a car with I/H/E but is it still a justifiable upgrade? I think I'm going to leave the motor completely stock but I'm really itching to get the reflash.:D

DavidT
01-20-2004, 08:40 PM
You MUST have an intake on your car. Hondata won't even sell you the reflash if you don't have an intake. My motor is pretty much stock with an exception of my SRI...I love my Hondata. It's the best $600 I've spent to date :)

SiRman
01-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Actually the best gains are on a stock motor.
That was the main reason why people with I/H/E where so hesitant to get the flash when it first came out. Minimal power gains if you already have done I/H/E. But the added rpms alone are worth it.

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 09:09 PM
im sure it will still be very nice. i would recommend maybe a short ram intake, but if you dont want it you dont need it, it will prob, get better gas milage..... just my thought on it

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 09:10 PM
im sure it will still be very nice. i would recommend maybe a short ram intake, but if you dont want it you dont need it, it will prob, get better gas milage..... just my thought on it

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 09:10 PM

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 09:11 PM

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 09:11 PM

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 09:12 PM
do it, itll be fine..... just a SRI would be nice tho

Vertigo
01-21-2004, 01:07 AM
I guess this damn server isn't just playing tricks on me!
ep3hatchattack: you just wanted to pad your post count..i know!..j/k!

I'd go with the Hondata! The extra rpm are a must for this restricted K20. The only bummer is if you don't already run 93, you'll have to.:)

Peking
01-21-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by SiRman
Actually the best gains are on a stock motor.
That was the main reason why people with I/H/E where so hesitant to get the flash when it first came out. Minimal power gains if you already have done I/H/E. But the added rpms alone are worth it.

The best gains are with the Intake, Hondata said long time ago that the flash was done with that. Their dyno shows noticable gains over stock. Not stock with a flash, just stock. Like David said, they will most likely want you to have an intake.

Zero Three Si
01-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by DavidT
You MUST have an intake on your car. Hondata won't even sell you the reflash if you don't have an intake. My motor is pretty much stock with an exception of my SRI...I love my Hondata. It's the best $600 I've spent to date :)

This is completely untrue just so you know. If you have 600 bucks to blow...I would go get it.

Not a bad first mod for you at all.

DavidT
01-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
This is completely untrue just so you know. If you have 600 bucks to blow...I would go get it.

Not a bad first mod for you at all.

If you call Hondata and say you want their flash but you don't have anything done to your motor. They will say go buy an intake first ;)

kenis138
01-21-2004, 11:42 AM
I have run hondata with multiple configs, including I/H/E, I/H, and now just my 4-2-1 header. Got rid of E cuz i hated bogging on partial throttle upshifts, eventually got rid of SRI cuz I got tired of the low end, partial throttle sluggishness. If you are not a racer and just want to really pep up your daily driving, get the flash, its is an absolute blast no matter what mods you have. As a matter of fact, the LESS mods you have, the more you feel the effects of the flash. Have not tried it with a CAI...imagine this is great, but not necessary. Like I said, if yer just a daily driver looking for some fun, get the hondata and mebbie some cheap susp mods, like ebay strut and rsx rear sway, both great!

RockEP_SS**
01-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Rob/RedRonin had his stock motor flashed by Hondata, and it was ok. But as soon as he added an Injen CAI it was 10X better.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

BSEVEER
01-21-2004, 04:02 PM
The reason I want to stay away from sri or cai is sound. I don't want to make my car louder. However, if there is that big of a difference between stock/hondata and cai/sri/hondata I would be tempted to get an intake. This is my daily driver and I'm too old to have a car that makes too much noise. As far as suspension mods go, I will be going with a pro kit and 16's or 17's. I am also getting the chassis stiffening kit from D3. I let them use my car for fit testing and they are going to kick me down a kit for free.:D

Peking
01-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
The reason I want to stay away from sri or cai is sound. I don't want to make my car louder. However, if there is that big of a difference between stock/hondata and cai/sri/hondata I would be tempted to get an intake. This is my daily driver and I'm too old to have a car that makes too much noise. As far as suspension mods go, I will be going with a pro kit and 16's or 17's. I am also getting the chassis stiffening kit from D3. I let them use my car for fit testing and they are going to kick me down a kit for free.:D

Intake isn't loud. Since it replaces the resonator, it is easier to hear the roar of the engine. Trust me when I say, we (all those who have intakes) love the roar :D

SiR_d1
01-21-2004, 08:55 PM
you'll love the sound of an intake just remember to get an intake b4 an exhaust b/c it will drown out the intake sound

1fastminivan
01-21-2004, 09:10 PM
It is true you dont need an intake to buy hondata. I ordered the hondata for my friends EP and his was stock and intake was no matter. Now as far as how it performs stock with hondata.....its freaking awesome still with or without intake. In fact he only had hondata as his mod on his EP until he totalled it:'( but then got an s2k:D