PDA

View Full Version : camber and rubbing question for those with 18s

dustinhurley
01-20-2004, 09:12 PM
I have some new stuff to install once spring finally comes around here in Ohio. My suspension will consist of Tein Basic (set probably around 1.4"), SPC camber kit, 18" Racing Harts, and 225/35/18 Toyo's. Do you think I will have any rubbing issues if I set my camber to zero degrees in the rear? Also, some people say it is not ideal to have exact zero camber, and that a little negative camber is preferred. Can anyone give me some more insight into that topic?

FYI: My old suspension was Sprint springs (2" drop, that eventually sagged to probably 2.5" in the rear), no camber kit, and the same 18" wheels and tires. I went through a pair of brand new Toyo FZ4's in less than a year, maybe 12,000 miles. I got a flat in the rear one day due to uneven tire wear. The metal was poking out all around the inside. The other rear tire was in the same condition, but had not blown yet. Needless to say, I want my camber to be near zero so this doesn't happen again.

Vertigo
01-21-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm not a pro at this, but i don't see issues with rubbing. It's only lowered 1.4 and your tire size is the diameter as stock. It's ok to run a little neg camber in the rear. Your rear tow is more of an issue than the camber.

Brettnyt
01-21-2004, 07:48 AM
My 18"s go on today. Im running 215/35/18 Toyo's with some neuspeed race springs (2.25" drop or so) I dont see why it would rub other than width. Oh yeah, I also have front and rear SPC Camber kit. I bet it wont rub. (knock on wood)