PDA

View Full Version : another exhaust question...

civSI02
01-20-2004, 09:22 PM
ok i got my ep3 about a month ago i already have konig gun metal rims with a polished lip, injen sri intake and a catz hid kit, now im looking into exhausts, i like the sound of a skunk 2 from the clip on this site but im not sure on power gain and high RPM sounds. if anyone can comment on this situation on what exhaust is the best or if you like a skunk 2 write about that too. thanks

Vertigo
01-21-2004, 12:36 AM
I absolutey love my Skunk2 exhaust! Very deep resonante sound. It is kinda on the loud side both outside and in the car. One thing is mine didn't come with the silencer. I have to call Skunk and get one. The tubing diameter is 2.36 so if you plan on going FI or staying NA, it will get the job done. I didn't have the resorces to put the car on a dyno after each mod. So, the power gains were nominal(on the butt dyno). I could really tell a difference in the high rpm's after i put a header on. Overall, it's a great exhaust. Compareable to the HKS. Polished resonator and muffer. Stainless steel tubing. Great fitment. One worry is that the b-pipe hangs a bit low. Of corse it only scapes(barely) going over speede bumps and large inclines.

Peking
01-21-2004, 04:29 AM
Keep in mind civSI02 that exhaust alone will not produce huge numbers. When combined with intake and header, you will notice gains. Like Vertigo said, the Skunk2 is a good choice. For looks and size. You really can't go wrong when making this choice, like intakes all exhausts are preferrence.

styllinep3
01-21-2004, 08:59 AM
yea but isnt the skunk2 to just an axel back. i might be wrong, but if it is i cant see much gains from it even with i/h/e. that midpipe has to go . i was running the same set up aem cai, dc421, and stock midpipe with an axel back, and i couldnt break a 15.6 at the track. then i got a mangaflow catback, and added that to the mix. that changed everything it pulls 3 times harder. i think know i could hit 15 flat mabye a 14.9 on stock tires. it pulls so much harder. but if the skunk2 a full catbck disreguard all this.

styllinep3
01-21-2004, 09:00 AM
whoops just read vertigos again and it is , nevermind previous post.

fishboy
01-21-2004, 09:40 AM
i have skunk2 and it is loud. you don't want the silencer on there because it looks like poo and it doesn't feel the same. i like it. sometimes i wish i got something quieter. :)