PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Spoon progressive springs beside me?

SiRman
01-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Just wondering if anyone else here on Ephatch has the Spoon progressive springs besides me.

civicracer1128
01-21-2004, 12:52 AM
i got teins but ive always wondered about the spoons....how are they?

fsugatorbait
01-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I believe these are the only other progressive spring for the EP besides the Sportlines.

Hachiman
01-21-2004, 09:13 AM
yes yes, do tell how they ride.

SiRman
01-21-2004, 09:49 AM
The ride is awesome, they are sign. stiffer then stock. yet they don't feel too harsh. The drop is about 1.75" a perfect amount for daily driving I think.

Here is the down-low:

Spoon Progressive Springs.

Year Model Chassis
02+ Civic EP
Spring Rate F/R (kg/mm)
7.4 / 8.2
Drop(mm) Part #
-25* 51400-EP3-001

*Note the amount these springs lower is rated at -25mm, that is for the CTR which is already 19mm lower then the US/CAN EP. So the drop of these springs is actually -44mm. These springs have lowered my car about 1.75 inches.
Follow the link for more details.
http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/ep3-suspension.html

prototype_tl
01-21-2004, 01:55 PM
any clicking or noise problem with the spoons? what about when you turn all the way, does it make a popping noise like the tein s-techs.

SiRman
01-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Yes I have had/have some noise problems. Creaking at the top of left strut, the popping sound is usually caused by a lack of grease, I have had a bit of that too.
The problems are not the springs themselves, just need the suspension to be greased, and the rubber boots at the top of the strut straightened/regreased.

03SSMHatch
01-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Im seriously considering these springs. I currently got the Teins but im going with alot more Spoon parts so I think im going to swap over. Is the drop on the Spoons lower than the S-Techs?

civicracer1128
01-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
Yes I have had/have some noise problems. Creaking at the top of left strut, the popping sound is usually caused by a lack of grease, I have had a bit of that too.
The problems are not the springs themselves, just need the suspension to be greased, and the rubber boots at the top of the strut straightened/regreased.

good info. glad to hear you had some noise issues.:eek: :confused: i say that not to be mean or to wish any harm apon your car but i have that with my s-techs. im the guy with the latest(my knocking springs) thread. makes me feel better that it wasnt my fault, just needs grease. i mean if it happens with spoon its not a quality type thing either;) glad to hear your springs are working well. i almost got those but i got my teins for about 75 so i had to jump on it. maybe ill swap for spoon at some point. hey did you cut your bumpstops during install?????????

ecsahs3
01-21-2004, 11:29 PM
Noises? I have Teins and their noise free. Is that an added option? j/k Guess I'm one of the fortunate ones. It's not related to install? i.e. packing the bearings, etc.

SiRman
01-22-2004, 01:29 AM
cut your bumpstops during install

No the bump stops were not cut during install.
I don't think it is needed.

I think weather conditions play a large part in the suspension noise problems eveyone has been having. The suspension needs to be greased, everyone know that. But how long that grease lasts may vary with the weather. It is very rainy where I live, I think the humidity has played a part. As well the cold of winter makes all the rubber parts harder and more brittle. When we had a cold spell over xmas my suspension noises where at their peak. Right now they are nonexistant almost all the time. Which makes for frustrating troubleshooting.:confusem:

SiRman
01-22-2004, 01:49 PM
So no one else has the Spoon springs??

Gasp23
01-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Post a pic so we can tell your JDMness man :winkm:

SiRman
01-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Sorry I have no pics.

I WILL get some, one day sooner then later.:banana:

bmx269
01-22-2004, 03:46 PM
SIRman's Car

http://www.digitalgumball.com/meet1-18-2004/SIRman.jpg

SiRman
01-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks Trent.

Was just gonna post a link to the meet pics.