PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Landscape Rakes!!!

IIx 03 EP xII
01-21-2004, 04:53 PM
well... i was driving down the highway... and i was on the phone with my mom... and im driving almost diagonal to this landscape work truck. and its been a few miles and then the impossible happens... a huge landscape rake flies out and i try to swerve... but the forks of the rake catch the bottom of my bumper and leave about a 10 inch gash in it... and rub red paint all down the quarter panel and leave a nice mark on my headlights... I LOVE MY CAR!!! maybe ill come out with a new bumper and some type r headlights... haha... i wish. THIS SUCKS even though its not that big of a deal.

siver-SI
01-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
well... i was driving down the highway... and i was on the phone with my mom... and im driving almost diagonal to this landscape work truck. and its been a few miles and then the impossible happens... a huge landscape rake flies out and i try to swerve... but the forks of the rake catch the bottom of my bumper and leave about a 10 inch gash in it... and rub red paint all down the quarter panel and leave a nice mark on my headlights... I LOVE MY CAR!!! maybe ill come out with a new bumper and some type r headlights... haha... i wish. THIS SUCKS even though its not that big of a deal.

Were you able to stop the truck so he will pay for the fix?

IIx 03 EP xII
01-21-2004, 07:56 PM
no i couldnt stop the guy... but i got his tag number and his company name... so me and the police lady called the company and talked to the owner and he is gonna pay for everything that needs to be fixed... so its alright... but i still dont know how bad the damage is... that will be figured out tomorrow.

Suk02Si
01-21-2004, 08:02 PM
At least you got their info and they are willing to pay for the damages :)

siver-SI
01-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
no i couldnt stop the guy... but i got his tag number and his company name... so me and the police lady called the company and talked to the owner and he is gonna pay for everything that needs to be fixed... so its alright... but i still dont know how bad the damage is... that will be figured out tomorrow.

That is good at least. Driver I bet got a ear full when the owner got off the phone with you.

IIx 03 EP xII
01-21-2004, 08:43 PM
i sure hope so. the guy on the phone that i spoke with, 'the owner', acted like i was just some stupid teenager and that he owned the world by owning this company... but i need some help with this.. cuz ive never had anything like this happen to me. the rake hit my headlight and scratched/marked the cover of the headlight... will that buff out? or will i need to replace it? and i know ill need a new bumper cuz those landscape rake forks are deadly and it did a good job on my bumper... so any suggestions on possibly an aftermarket bumper or a lip that wont look stupid without the sides and rear? any suggestions will be much appreciated.

pappaljf
01-21-2004, 09:18 PM
OK, so you spoke to the owner via a 3-way call with a police operator?

I'd suggest you get it in writing from her.

I remember once driving along, I see a guy from a landscaping service with one of those gas-powered weed-whackers, kicking up a bunch of rocks. I swerve into the next lane, but as I pass him I hear a solid *THUD* on my passenger side door. I stop, check the car, see a brand new 1-inch scratch complete with a big ding under it. I got the info of the guys truck, and called his company. The company claims it's "act of god" and should be filed under my insurance!

I would have kept going, but I realized I couldn't prove it and that PDR would probably only cost about 50 bucks, so I dropped it.

My advice to you is to not screw around with these guys and get everything lined up. No one just pays money because someone says somebody jacked their car.

Oh, did you keep the rake?

IIx 03 EP xII
01-22-2004, 10:47 AM
no... its not like they dont know about the rake... the guy driving the truck called in and told the company that a rake fell off of the truck and hit a vehicle. and its more than a $50 damage. they know that they have to pay for it, and they are going to.

02NJHondaep3
01-22-2004, 10:49 AM
When i was little me and my mom were driving to my grandmother's house in brooklyn when a 1/2 foot rock flew out of a dump truck and smashed the windshield. It landed on the passenger seat. Thank god we were alright. We made the company pay for everything.

Also yeah, i have scratches on my headlight and i also want to know if they can be buffed out.

IIx 03 EP xII
01-22-2004, 12:31 PM
yeah... my headlight has a spot from where the rake hit it and it makes the dealight look very dull where it is... almost cant see through it cuz of the way it marked the plastic... so can this be buffed out? or do i need to replace it?!

styllinep3
01-22-2004, 01:34 PM
you got lucky . last week i was driving down the highway. i wasnt paying the best attetion, but i notcied the car in front of me jam on their brakes and swerve hard. i was moving pretty good probably like 80 so what they swerved to avoid came up realy quick, cause i was only like 100ft behind them. anyway all i see is this big godamn wood crate in the middle of my lane. i didnt even have to to really brake. so i swerved like a mofo, and justed missed from hitting it head on, but the fucker cought my passenger rear 1/4 panel. fuckin scuffs everywhere. the best part is i didnt even see where it came from. it was just in the middle of the road. i cant call my insurance cause that will just raise my rate and i still have the damn deductable. it didnt scratch it just scuffed it. so i think i can buff it out. i hope:o . i went to the township building bitch like crazy. didnt get me anywhere. :mad: