PDA

View Full Version : trans problems please call honda!

siver-SI
01-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Well just got off the phone with Honda about my trans problem and since the dealership could not reporduce the problem yet they said they could not authorize the repair, but they gave me some hints on what to do. Biggest thing it to keep a log of when it happened and the condishions. The other thing was the have the dealship inspect the slave cylinder for wear and the fliud to see if that may be the problem. One of the bigest things if for you that are having the problems is to call Honda. They are documenting each one and he even stated if they get enough that would warrent a TSB. Just keep your dealership records though because they will call the dealership to ask about your car.

When I went over the problems that fixes that other EP's have had he asked me about how I found out all this information. I told him about EPhatch. He was just surprized at the amount of info I had on the car and with the TSB on the RSX. When I was talking to him there are even looking at that TSB and comparing it to are car to see if that TSB might cross over to are EP.

So please if you want to try and get your trans fixed and not keep on getting shit from your dealer please call up Honda and tell them what is going on.

Rey
01-21-2004, 06:19 PM
It's weird. I think all of the new trannies that honda is making is having problems with 2nd and 3rd gear engages. I know the RSX base and type-s trannies are having problems, and also the TSX with the 6 speed only.

Hummm

yellerep3
01-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Rey
It's weird. I think all of the new trannies that honda is making is having problems with 2nd and 3rd gear engages. I know the RSX base and type-s trannies are having problems, and also the TSX with the 6 speed only.

This is a bis fucking let down for me, my tranney hasent completly blown yet but it feels more and more unstable by the day, whats the number again, so i can make a complaint, we need ta have this darn thing fixed.

Hummm

chakra71
01-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
When I went over the problems that fixes that other EP's have had he asked me about how I found out all this information. I told him about EPhatch. He was just surprized at the amount of info I had on the car and with the TSB on the RSX. When I was talking to him there are even looking at that TSB and comparing it to are car to see if that TSB might cross over to are EP.

are you a pirate?

or....

our you a pirate?

enecks
01-21-2004, 10:11 PM
i had the dealer have look at mine when i took it in for the 5k mile service. they didn't really find anything wrong with it and said, "that's just how it's made." but, at least it's documented that i had concerns.

ep pilot
01-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Don't trip I heard the trans in the Odyssey, Type-S TL & CL are bad as are a few new 6MT '04 TL owners who are getting the crunchy, grinding 2nd & 3rd gear.

Honda put a new trans in my Ep3 three months ago, about 5K miles ago and it is all gravy now, best of luck to ya.

-Ryan

gito
01-22-2004, 05:37 AM
Hey guys I have a question.
I have a weird sound/click thing in my clutch every now and then, is this related with the transmission problem? Should I take my car to the dealer?
The crunchy sound it makes happens only when the weather is kind of warm and happens when I shift from 3 or 2 gear to 1. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

fsugatorbait
01-22-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by gito
Hey guys I have a question.
I have a weird sound/click thing in my clutch every now and then, is this related with the transmission problem? Should I take my car to the dealer?
The crunchy sound it makes happens only when the weather is kind of warm and happens when I shift from 3 or 2 gear to 1. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

You should only be shifting into 1st gear if your at a dead stop.

You guys should try running through your gears in order front to back and back to front when you have a few extra seconds, ie. sittin at a red light. Ive owned two si's and had no problems ever even in 0 degree weather with my shifter. I noticed a difference in shifting when I started doing this.

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 09:25 AM
im thinking about blowing my fuckin car up

gito
01-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by yellerep3

??????? Is this a joke or what?

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by gito
??????? Is this a joke or what?

no

fsugatorbait
01-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by yellerep3

I think it'd be better to ghost ride it into a tree, if you do, get it on video! :p

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
I think it'd be better to ghost ride it into a tree, if you do, get it on video! :p

the only problem with this is i would probably get another one and its hard to find in euro yellow, so hopefully i can just figure out what ever is the problem with my ep, and keep her, when im in a bad mood tho i come close, actually anything that pisses me off makes me wanna light it on fire.

Graywolf
01-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Automotive abuse is not the answer. If you suspect someone of automotive abuse, you should report them. The severe beatings they receive from the Anti-Automotive Abuse squad will change their lives, in a positive way.

Dude I'll trade you my crashed White ep for your non-crashed yellow one.

03SiBlack
01-22-2004, 11:58 AM
u mean call honda or the dealership? If honda give me the number. What did you do when you had tranny problems did you call honda then let honda call the dealer?

styllinep3
01-22-2004, 12:28 PM
yea i went to my dealer with all kindas of print outs from here tsb and what not. you know what he told me. this doesnt mean anything to me. well fuck him im going to honda of america, cause they know the problem and will get it fixed.

in fact i think what all of us need to do. is have someone here write a really well written letter to american honda, and have all of us right our names on it. thats like 1000-2000 ep owners and submit that shit. fucking with these cheap ass dealership isnt getting us anyhwere, and i dont think it well. something must be done about this warrenty work not being replaced on a faulty drivetrain. we arent talking about like a bad door handle. were talking the godamn tranny. my worry is how bad will it be at like 80,000- 100,000. its bad now at 25 and getting worst. we must do this togther. strength in #:yellm:

EPHATCH UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL!!!!!!;)

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Graywolf
Automotive abuse is not the answer. If you suspect someone of automotive abuse, you should report them. The severe beatings they receive from the Anti-Automotive Abuse squad will change their lives, in a positive way.

hey just a joke and maybe we can trade, i have some miles on mine tho, whats wrong with yours>? and mine is a lease

Dude I'll trade you my crashed White ep for your non-crashed yellow one.

Tenacious G
01-22-2004, 01:51 PM
yellerep3, why are you putting your responses *in* the quoted post? hehehe

:confused:

gito: the clicking is a bad bushing or clutch master cylinder. i have that too. try a search for more information.

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
yellerep3, why are you putting your responses *in* the quoted post? hehehe

:confused:

gito: the clicking is a bad bushing or clutch master cylinder. i have that too. try a search for more information.

cause its my laptop and i'll do what ever i want :D j/k

siver-SI
01-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 03SiBlack
u mean call honda or the dealership? If honda give me the number. What did you do when you had tranny problems did you call honda then let honda call the dealer?

I called Honda. At number 1-800-999-1009. Dan took care of me and he is at extension 118052. If you guys are having any problems with your trans do call them up. Dan even know about EPhatch because I told him about it, because he wanted to know how I got all this info I had on are car and the RSX base. One of the big things that he was trying to figure out what how I knew some of the cases with the car and what the owner had to go through. Since I did know anyone

03SiBlack
01-22-2004, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by siver-SI
[B]I called Honda. At number 1-800-999-1009. Dan took care of me and he is at extension 118052. If you guys are having any problems with your trans do call them up. Dan even know about EPhatch because I told him about it, because he wanted to know how I got all this info I had on are car and the RSX base. One of the big things that he was trying to figure out what how I knew some of the cases with the car and what the owner had to go through. Since I did know anyone

siver-SI
01-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 03SiBlack
ok but is dan going to call up my honda dealer and tell them to fix this problem because i had this notchyness problem and my tranny locking up at 1200 miles honda said i must have been abusing it they said they would fix it this first time but not again. Im starting to feel notchyness again after 3000 miles should i call this guy dan?

He could not OK the fix for me because the dealership could not duplicate the problem that I have. But now that I got his help I bet I will get the dealership to duplicate the problem. At first the dealer told me the notchyness was normal some times so if they try that line again I have Honda backing me up that it is not and I have them in a catch then.

Yea call Honda and tell them what your dealership is saying. Your dealer can not say that unless they can prove it. I bet you have a bad slave. When I was talking to him he told me to have the dealship check that part out because it can casue this problem over and over because it will not full disingadge the cluch so you will have premature wear on the trans.