PDA

View Full Version : hissing noise on intake

nobike12
01-21-2004, 06:27 PM
hey guys.. i feel like a total noob askin this here but i jsut got a aem v2 cai and it makes a kinda hissing noise when i shut off my engine.. is that normal for all aftermarket intakes? or is there a leak somewhere? cuz i heard that same noise on my friend's 1st gen aem cai when he shut his car off.. just wonderin, let me know what u guys think

mike

cHiNoYbOi14
01-21-2004, 06:27 PM
That's just the intake sucking in air.

SiR_d1
01-21-2004, 06:28 PM
lol

don't worry dude thats 100% normal:D

nobike12
01-21-2004, 06:38 PM
awsome thanks alot.. man i was getting worried cuz i installed it myself and i was afriad i didnt clamp one of the tubes down all the way and there was the throttle valve tube that didnt even come with a clamp so i just kinda.. slid it in there haha but ne ways thanks for the info

SpoonEP3
01-21-2004, 07:40 PM
this is normal, it does that for my trust intake

03EP3SiHB
01-22-2004, 03:54 PM
What a n00b, funny though, totally normal. Usually gives off a blow off type of sound. Also you get a high pitched whistle/humming noise especially in 5th gear going like 70mph, and on.;)

ep03TN
01-22-2004, 04:46 PM
lol!

Bruce02si
01-22-2004, 10:39 PM
when you guys hear that hissing or whistling that ussally means you should clean your cone filter especially if you have a CAI THE FILTER IS REALLY CLOSE TO THE STREET i pull out leaves and shit all the time if you go under your car right where you cia filter is there is holes you can see your filter feel around for leaves and get a air filter cleaner by K&N use it dirty air bad

Siman
01-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Famous last words.. "whats this do?"........................:D

jandetuning
01-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Bruce02si
when you guys hear that hissing or whistling that ussally means you should clean your cone filter especially if you have a CAI THE FILTER IS REALLY CLOSE TO THE STREET i pull out leaves and shit all the time if you go under your car right where you cia filter is there is holes you can see your filter feel around for leaves and get a air filter cleaner by K&N use it dirty air bad

The hissing sound is air flowing past the throttle body and past the needle valve on the IAC solenoid. This is normal and is not a sign of a dirty filter. A dirty filter actually slightly muffles the hissing.

A slightly dirty K&N filter actually filters better than a clean one. Small dirt particles block the finer holes in the gauze media, preventing minute dirt particles from passing through the filter.

shimmy_yaz
01-24-2004, 03:22 PM
I love it when my intake does that. I think it sounds kool as hell I find myself jumping out of the car as quick as I can just so I can hear it better.:D