PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Kits- Honest Opinion

03Civ-Bomb
01-22-2004, 02:09 AM
ok, i have been looking through the threads but still havent seen a definite answer. I want to turbo my civic, but i want a kit that is reliable and still high horsepower, but ok to run on stock internals, until i finalize my engine. i have been looking at the Rev-Hard stage 2 ($3495) and the Cybernation stage 1 ($3995). Ive noticed the cybernation comes w/ an s afc and now w/ an a/f & boost gauge, but ive also seen the rev-hard w/ either a HKS tt or turbonetics b.c. so im here undecided, if you have any advice i'd appreciate it.

Vertigo
01-22-2004, 02:41 AM
There a plenty-o threads listed in the section of the forum. From what i've gathered the Cybernation kit puts down around 260 hp on 7 lbs of boost. Revhard is right there too with #'s in the 250-260+ range. The most power on a relatively stock engine is the SFP kit on Most-Wanted's car(297hp). Each kit has it's own ups and downs. The Ravhard comes with everything you'll need plus the Hondata. Cybernation comes with the s-afc. You can PM US_SI, esmith13 or EPHatchgirl, they have the Cybernation kit. RockEP_SS** has the Revhard and ep_nezay is running the Greddy kit.

03Civ-Bomb
01-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Ok, Thanks man

EPHatchgirl
01-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Vertigo- Thanks for the shameless plug!!:D

I really like my Cybernation Kit. It's been nothing but fun. The stage I kit comes COMPLETE with everything you need to go all the way through stage IV. All you have to do is fortify your engine.
To save you from searching-

The kit comes with:

Autometer A/F and boost gauge
Apex-i SAFC II air fuel controller
Cybernation Black Magic Elf - PM me if you are curious about this

T3/T4 Turbonetics 60:1 (super 60 series) turbo
Turbonetics external wastegate
HKS or Greddy Blow off valve

550 CC Injectors
MSD inline fuel pump
Lines to change fuel system to "return line style"

Turbo manifold
Downpipe and testpipe in one
Front mount intercooler
Intercooler piping
Air intake w/ filter

All hoses, clamps and fittings....

I think that's it, let me know if you have any other questions through PM. I installed the kit myself, so I will hopefully be able to answer you questions.

US_SI dynoed at 262 hp
ESmith13 dynoed at 266 hp
...and poor lil ol me dyoned at 259 hp- I ran out of $$ to keep it on the dyno... oh well!!

Blackapino85
01-22-2004, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03Civ-Bomb
[B] i have been looking at the Rev-Hard stage 2 ($3495)[QUOTE]

considering that you live in california, san diego of all places, you might want a kit that's going to be c.a.r.b. legal. those choices are revhard and greddy. i think you might have misunderstood the revhard stage 2 kit for the stage 1. right now the stage 1 is the only one available for $3495. the stage 2 involves a built bottom end. the revhard stage 2 on older models civics and integras is equivalent to our stage one kit.:D i'm thinking about going with the stage 1 or greddy myself. since your in s.d. come to the meet at qualcomm on friday. theres bound to be a few boOsted ep's there!

03Civ-Bomb
01-22-2004, 04:41 PM
ok, but i dont like the fact that the greddy kit doesnt have an i.c and only adds 50hp.. is the rev hard carb legal or pending crb legality? ive heard both.. thanks

Vertigo
01-22-2004, 06:26 PM
No prob EPHtachgirl!:) A IC upgrade is available for the Greddy. i believe the Rev-Hard kit is still carb pending..not for sure though.

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2004, 08:37 PM
imo, if you are going to be into boost and want to fix the internal up some for even more boost, cybernation would be my first buy.

Blackapino85
01-22-2004, 10:30 PM
i heard from somewhere that the carb legality testing is going down in may or something. as for the greddy kit putting out only 50hp more, i think its setup with the daily driver in mind but it has more potential after some tuning. theres always room to upgrade later on down the line should you decide to build your motor.

esmith13
01-26-2004, 09:15 PM
I picked the cybernation kit for 2 main reasons...

1) it is COMPLETE - guages and all - down to nuts and bolts needed. You need absolutely NOTHING but tools to install this kit - and guage pods for your new a/f and boost guages. Every wire, every hose - everyTHING is included.

2) it is the only kit user tunable on the fly with the S-AFC. Hondata is nice, but locks you into a tune that could run rich in the summer and lean in the winter... When a tune is non adjustable to be a safe dialy driver you have to take this middle ground - or get retuned like 3 times a year on the dyno. i like the idea of being able to leave it alone or tweak it with the weather - on a minute by minute basis - for free... :)

Eric