PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars products

Pradamuimui
09-24-2002, 08:59 PM
I would have to say that out of all the products Ive used Meguiars works the best. You guys wanna see an amazing shine on ur ep??? Try using Meguiars 1-3 step process. You will be amazed!!!

SpeedRacer
09-24-2002, 09:02 PM
do i really need to wax a white car? I did wax my car with meguires liquid gold class stuff but i cant really tell a huge diffrnce. Is this because a white car dosnt need to be waxed?

Pradamuimui
09-24-2002, 09:08 PM
Heck no!! Every paint job that you wanna keep nice needs to be kept waxed. I would go out and buy the Meguirs 1-3 step process for this. Basically heres what they are and do. #1 is the cleaner polish, it removes all of the oxidation and buildup off of ur paint. #2 is the polish which is the protectant of ur paint, and #3 which is the carnuba wax which puts a protective glaze over the polish which helps keep the polish on ur car...which means u dont have to wax as much, and will make ur paint so shiny and smoove you wont believe it. Remember you should wash ur car at least once a week, and wax ur car 6 times a year to keep ur paint job looking good!!!

sicivic2002
09-24-2002, 09:10 PM
Don't forget to use the quick detailer spray by meguiar's it will help to keep the car looking good between waxes and washes as well. Especially on a black car. You can still see tiny dry marks even after drying. The quick detailer spray will get rid of that.

2k2civicSi
09-24-2002, 09:21 PM
yeah that stuff is amazing i use it all the time after i wash my car and it has a few water marks that stuff cleans them all away it works like a charm

Pradamuimui
09-24-2002, 09:27 PM
I aggree also...the quick detailers wax works AWESOME....it also helps takes contaniments off of ur paint in between waxing, and it helps make the wax last longer!!!

1fastminivan
09-24-2002, 10:43 PM
Speedracer,
I also waxed my White Ep with the gold class.......and I cant tell a huge difference either. It just looks super clean and just shiny. Maybe its just me.hehe:D I wash my car every week. And use the detailer every other day to get dust, dirt, bird droppings etc... I vacuum my car every week also.

SpeedRacer
09-24-2002, 11:38 PM
what is this detailer?

1fastminivan
09-25-2002, 12:41 AM
Sorry....
Meguiars Quick Detailer and also Meguiars Quick Wax. I use "invisible glass" on my windows. I dont like making my interior shiny so I just wipe with a towel inside the dash and all the plastic parts. I dont like using armorall or any other wipes. I like that fresh "new" look. I use the Meguiars carshampoo also to clean my rims with a seperate sponge. I use just a soft cotton hand mit to wash my car. Its so soft on the paint. Then I hose it down not spraying it. I found that hosing it down made it quicker to dry off also........I didnt realize this until recently......I used to spray it with a hose nozzle. :D

AkronSi
09-25-2002, 05:48 AM
If your paint is really bad you should use a clay bar instead or a cleaner wax. Put your finger into a plastic baggie and rub it across the paint. If it feels like sand paper, then use a clay bar.

It will make your paint as smooth as glass. Plus you can even use it on your windows to get everything off. Just make sure you have a lot of quick detailer to use as a lubricant for the clay.

Once your done with the clay bar, use a good polish or glaze. Then follow with a kick ass wax. I'm partial to P21S concours-look carnuba wax.

It looks killer on black.

silver ep
09-25-2002, 05:57 AM
I use gold class wax, fine cut cleaner for minor scratches, and the car wash soap.
Also I use the dash vinyl and rubber cleaner. Meguiars is the best!

hacim
09-25-2002, 10:06 AM
I dont care for Meguars to much. I use Mothers and I tell you what the more I wax my car with that stuff the more it looks like there is a hint of blue in the silver. Its great stuff. You all should definetly give it a try.

greenguy
09-25-2002, 10:42 AM
I use the Meguiars products ( I love them!), and I noticed that when I am washing, waxing or just useing the quick detailer, it atracts flys really bad. The stuff smells fruity, and I guess flys like it.:rolleyes:

Spidey
09-25-2002, 07:02 PM
I just use turtle wax. Its a new car for pete's sake! it's already coated and ready to go.
I also don't like using armour all on the dash. it leaves streaks as well as collects dust.

natesi
09-26-2002, 07:14 PM
I've used Meguires and Mothers wax. One trip through the car wash and both waxes are totally stripped off.

Doesn't matter which car wash either. It sucks. I can't wash my car by hand because I live in an apartment.

LazyAzzAzian
09-26-2002, 07:31 PM
for those of you who dont like your interior shiny, i would recommend using plede grab it unscented clothes, their really good at getting all the dust and crap, its better than a towel because it uses static to collect the dust rather than just pushing it around, and the good thing is that you dont get the shine

1fastminivan
09-26-2002, 09:21 PM
SWEET thanks for the info man!:D

greenguy
09-27-2002, 09:55 AM
Swiffer also has an auto product. You get a five pack for $1.00 at Wal*mart.
My wife bought a three pack of Armorall Wipes ( glass cleaner, dash cleaner, and some protectant shiny shit) and all except the shiny shit worked great. The dash cleaner did NOT leave any residue on the dash and cleaned everything up great. Recomended!:D

jaydub
10-12-2002, 10:10 AM
The way I get by with no shiny interior and still have it protected is to use Vinylex. It comes in a blue bottle, and you can find it at Pep boy's and places like that. You only spray a little bit (preferably on a microfiber towel) and it really protects while giving only a clean look, no shiny-ness.

myeverlovinsir
10-12-2002, 10:33 AM
natesi, I would find a car bay type car wash where you can do it yourself. We have lots of these round here, but every gas station also has the car wash too. I hate to take my car through a car wash, you never know what shit they are doing and their setup. Best to wash it yourself.

natesi
10-12-2002, 12:35 PM
The do-it-yourself places around here have signs posted to not bring your own buckets, soap, sponges, etc....

It sucks.

So if I use the "horse hair" brush at one of these places, since it is attached to the wall, rather than on a swivel in the ceiling, it rubs against the car as I use it and scratches the paint.

myeverlovinsir
10-12-2002, 01:03 PM
Natesi

Dam, we have better shops round here, they provide all the goodies for do it yourselfers, no scratch cloths, soaps, wax, etc.
Too bad. There has to be some places you can go, I know when I was in Iowa last month, a place called Henries had all the goods, very nice place.

My Ever Lovin SIR...:p