PDA

View Full Version : what if i wanna get rid of my ep

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 09:30 AM
any one know how i get out of a lease, what if i wanna get rid of this thing, i mean i love the car its just that the tranney is getting weird and i get a bunch of noises from he front end.

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 09:50 AM
nothing i can do i guess

Zero Three Si
01-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Well, lease is just that a lease. You can definitly get out of your lease, people do it all the time. It just depends on if you want to spend the money or not.

The car dealer could give you a few options...there are just possibilities...

1. Pay the lease cancellation fee stated in your lease agreement
2. Roll the money that you still owe on the lease into your new car loan.

There may be a few other options the deal will give you. Reguardless though, you'll be paying money someway or the other.

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Well, lease is just that a lease. You can definitly get out of your lease, people do it all the time. It just depends on if you want to spend the money or not.

The car dealer could give you a few options...there are just possibilities...

1. Pay the lease cancellation fee stated in your lease agreement
2. Roll the money that you still owe on the lease into your new car loan.

There may be a few other options the deal will give you. Reguardless though, you'll be paying money someway or the other.

the lease cancilation fee, shit cant find, it how much is this usually you have any clue, thanks for the info

JLannoo
01-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by yellerep3
the lease cancilation fee, shit cant find, it how much is this usually you have any clue, thanks for the info

If its thru AHFC To cancel you will have to pay for your remaining months in most cases AFAIK. Depending on how many months you have left. You might be better off trading it in to the dealer for a new car and paying the difference between what you owe (to buy the car) and what its worth.

Also if its thru AHFC you cant have someone take over the lease. You also cant sell it to a private party. Unless ofcourse they gave you all money up front and let you pay it off in your name first. Then trusted you to sign over the car.

glw
01-22-2004, 11:19 AM
here's an option that is rarely discussed.

call the leasing company and get the lease payoff amount. then go to your financial institution (credit union or bank) and get a used car loan that will pay off the lease. then you can keep the ep3 (making paymnets) or turn around and trade the ep3 in on another car... or even sell it outright to someone.

the hangup with this method is that if you got raped on your original lease you may not be able to get a used car loan for the full amount needed to pay off the lease - in that case, take money out of pocket (or from another source) to make up the difference.

this option looks good on your credit because the lease is a paid in full debt and so will the used car loan.

edit: if your lease position is favorable enough - it's possible to get a used car loan for more than the lease amount and get cash out of the deal!

STP03BlueSI
01-22-2004, 11:41 AM
How many miles are on the EP? I would say take it in if your having tranny problems.:(

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 12:42 PM
cant some one just take over my freakin lease!!!

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
How many miles are on the EP? I would say take it in if your having tranny problems.:(
ive got 35500, im nervous to bring it in necause its a lease and the seats were stolen and i replaced them with sparco turinos. I had a friend from a body shop call a friend of his and had the insurance check sighned over to me so im wondering they would give me shit cause of it>? any feedback from u guys

speedking604
01-22-2004, 03:51 PM
just go find someone to take over your lease. talk to your dealer if he can hook you up with other car. i have a lease 1.7 el before. i dont like the car so i found someone to take over the lease for me. then buy the SIR. now i'm happy.

just keep it clean.

JLannoo
01-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by speedking604
just go find someone to take over your lease.

If its thru AHFC He cant do that. They do not allow it.

BlairSpeed
01-22-2004, 04:12 PM
ive got 35500, im nervous to bring it in necause its a lease and the seats were stolen and i replaced them with sparco turinos. I had a friend from a body shop call a friend of his and had the insurance check sighned over to me so im wondering they would give me shit cause of it>? any feedback from u guys

ill trade you my stock seats for your Sparcos!!!! :D ;)

JLannoo
01-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by speedking604
just go find someone to take over your lease.

If its thru AHFC and he lets someone take the lease over. He will still be held responsible for the car. So thats really not an option.

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by JLannoo
If its thru AHFC and he lets someone take the lease over. He will still be held responsible for the car. So thats really not an option.

i dunno, i might jus keep it still in the air, you guys think that if i just changedmy clutch that the traney would be better>?

speedking604
01-23-2004, 12:59 AM
can someone tell me what size of mid pipe is the best for my 2002 sir??i have 5zigen muffler and i'm thinking of installing midpipe to my car. any idea??? how many hp will gain me???

STP03BlueSI
01-23-2004, 07:53 AM

Tranny and Seats have nothing to do with each other. Take it in. Tell them the situation, and go from there. It will probably cost u more to get out of the lease.:p

yellerep3
01-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Tranny and Seats have nothing to do with each other. Take it in. Tell them the situation, and go from there. It will probably cost u more to get out of the lease.:p

just dont eanna get ne1 in trouble for helping me out.

blueiedgod
01-24-2004, 06:10 AM

I am not sure about the details of the lease, but assuming that it is a 36 month lease. Considering the car came out in April 2002, and assuming you were one of the first to lease, you have about a year and 4 months left on the lease, and only 500 miles, of course unless you signed up for higher mileage lease. Your grinding tranny is the least of your problems. If mileage is not an issue, then drive the car until the end of lease, this is not your car, you are not going to keep it, and if honda says there is no problem with the tranny, they can not sock you for the noise. If you insist on getting out of lease, you can pre-pay the remaining payments and walk away. If your mile allowance was 36,000 miles and you have a year and 4 months of lease left, you are looking at very hefty mileage penalty, unless you just park her for the remainder of the lease. But, then if you are just parking her and making payments, you are better off pre paying the remaining payments, turn her in, and not have to carry insurance on her.

Since you replaced the seats you will be billed for the stockies, so, if you can trade your aftermarket seats for stockies, I am sure a few people here will be more tha willing to do that. The reason the insurance company did not give you the check is because you DON'T OWN the car, your leasing company does. You are just an operator and have no say in what goes in. Hopefully, you will never lease again. I am a strong opponent of leasing. Although, peole THINK they pay less with lease, in reality they pay more as the leasing company has to make money as well.
Good luck

blueiedgod
01-24-2004, 06:18 AM
as posted before, there is an option to buy out the lease, but if yu were one of the first people to buy/lease the Si, you most likely paid the sticker. And after 1 year and 9 months you have not built enough equity into it, as matter of fact you almost never build equity into a lease. You will lose money when you try to sell her. I would assume the street price on a 2002 Si with 35500 miles will be under $10,000 well under. You lease buy out is probably in the neighborhood of $16,000, so you are looking at $8000 hole in your bank account.
Your best bet is to have Honda fix whatever you think is wrong under warranty while you still have it, unless you bought extended warranty, and ride out the lease. If you are very close to your miles allowance, try not put more miles on it. Your lease would state what rate extra miles will be charged at, and it is not pretty.

yellerep3
01-24-2004, 08:17 AM
yeah starting to concider parking her for a while until i figure out what to do. But my mom needs a ride here, grand ma needs a ride there, sux big time yall, hey sparco turinos for trade with stock if anyones interested, let me know, dont worry im not going anywhere either, i'll probably just get another ep. Im also luck cause my insurance is paid til july, dont think i'll ever lease again.

speedking604
01-24-2004, 06:06 PM
hi. i've done lease myself before with my 1.7 el. i use it for 11 months then return it to the dealer at no cost$$$$$. i know it says on the lease like 36 month contract or something but you can always bring them back anytime you want as long as your going to buy or lease another car on same dealer. about the sit, well they will never charge you for that coz you change your stock sit to better one. it's like my car stereo before, i change the stock car stereo on my 1.7 el then when i returned it they said it's ok with the jvc stereo (but ofcourse i didn't give it, i ask the dealer to transfer it to my other car)(my 2002 SIR). about your km, same thing, it says on the lease that you can only use this and if you exceded with that amount of km you will pay. wrong, as long as you lease or buy to same dealer with a new car they will never ask you to pay the exceded km.i mean before you bring your car back you dont tell them that you wanna return your car. tell them you wanna buy a new car, but my km is kind a high. then when the dealer heard this thing. they will help you to get a new car and they will say,,,,,,,dont worry about the exceded km and dont worry about the sit. the most problem on the lease is that if you paint ur interior or change your stock color and if you have aftermarket e/h/i/ "they want the engine look same as before" no paint" to a new once but beside that i dont see anything problem. i did my deal with my dealer on the phone and then he ask me if what kind of car i want to get. i said the 2002 sir. he said i will cal you back and after 1 hour he phone me back and said when do you wanna bring the car back and pick up the new one. i lost only 1000$$$ for the trade cost i need to pay the delivery for my new car. i put 3000$$$ down on my el and past the 2000$$$ on the sir. how did they do it?? well, the car is 25000 cnd$$ so the dealer put the tag price for the car at 23000$$$cnd. it doesn't really say "down payment 2000 on the new contract but if you calculate it, it' same monthly plan.

i can only say,,, call your previous dealer. tell him you want to buy a new car then he will ask you ,,,what about the other car??? then tell him you will return it. i'm sure he will try his best to get you a new car. dont tell them you have problem with the car. just tell them you like a better car and they will always agree.

speedking604
01-24-2004, 06:08 PM
hi. i've done lease myself before with my 1.7 el. i use it for 11 months then return it to the dealer at no cost$$$$$. i know it says on the lease like 36 month contract or something but you can always bring them back anytime you want as long as your going to buy or lease another car on same dealer. about the sit, well they will never charge you for that coz you change your stock sit to better one. it's like my car stereo before, i change the stock car stereo on my 1.7 el then when i returned it they said it's ok with the jvc stereo (but ofcourse i didn't give it, i ask the dealer to transfer it to my other car)(my 2002 SIR). about your km, same thing, it says on the lease that you can only use this and if you exceded with that amount of km you will pay. wrong, as long as you lease or buy to same dealer with a new car they will never ask you to pay the exceded km.i mean before you bring your car back you dont tell them that you wanna return your car. tell them you wanna buy a new car, but my km is kind a high. then when the dealer heard this thing. they will help you to get a new car and they will say,,,,,,,dont worry about the exceded km and dont worry about the sit. the most problem on the lease is that if you paint ur interior or change your stock color and if you have aftermarket e/h/i/ "they want the engine look same as before" no paint" to a new once but beside that i dont see anything problem. i did my deal with my dealer on the phone and then he ask me if what kind of car i want to get. i said the 2002 sir. he said i will cal you back and after 1 hour he phone me back and said when do you wanna bring the car back and pick up the new one. i lost only 1000$$$ for the trade cost i need to pay the delivery for my new car. i put 3000$$$ down on my el and past the 2000$$$ on the sir. how did they do it?? well, the car is 25000 cnd$$ so the dealer put the tag price for the car at 23000$$$cnd. it doesn't really say "down payment 2000 on the new contract but if you calculate it, it' same monthly plan.

i can only say,,, call your previous dealer. tell him you want to buy a new car then he will ask you ,,,what about the other car??? then tell him you will return it.he will ask you how many km on the car now???then tell them the truth. i'm sure he will try his best to get you a new car. dont tell them you have problem with the car. just tell them you like a better car and they will always agree.