PDA

View Full Version : HID hi beams not working

Rueda del Queso
01-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Installed my xenon-depot H4-5K hi-low kit last night, but I can only get the low beams to work. When I switch to high beams the bulbs shut off and the parking lights stay on. I probably connected something wrong when I installed it, but I have no idea what or what wires control the high beams. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Spazhead
01-22-2004, 10:16 AM
i asked xenon depot 3 days ago and they dont make a hi/low kit anymore, are you sure you have a high/low kit??

Rueda del Queso
01-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I ordered it back in December, 17th I think. Their website was still saying high-low back then and they were charging the high-low price. Now its dropped about $85. I guess its only low now. Did they say why they are only doing low beam now?

Spazhead
01-22-2004, 10:52 AM
they didnt say, did it come with an extra module to control the hi/low? When I installed the CATZ system on my friends subaru, it had a extra module to activate the hi/low cylinders at the back of the bulb. can you take pictures of the kit and instruction diagram so that I can help you out.

Rueda del Queso
01-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Hmm, I didn't get any control modules. Just a pair of ballasts, bulbs and a wire harness. Didn't get any instructions either . . . At the time I ordered it was advertised on the site as hi-low, it is starting to look like they sent me just low's. I going to get in touch with xenondepot when I have the time, thanks spazhead.

Spazhead
01-22-2004, 11:04 AM
no prob, get back to me on what they say cause I plan on ordering a set from them.

fsugatorbait
01-22-2004, 01:39 PM
How many spade terminals are you connecting into the factory harness that plugs into the back of a standard h4 bulb? If you hold the harness so that you have one female connector at the top and two below it, your low beam power is the top one. If you only have one power wire going into the factory plug than you have low beam only. HTH.

Rueda del Queso
01-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I got a reply from xenon depot and they say they sent me low beam only. I am kind of pissed off now because when I ordered it, I think it was around the 10th, not the 17th, it was listed on the website as H4-5K HL, as in high/low. They have since changed it to just H4-5K, but when I ordered it it was clearly high low. I am waiting for a response from steve on this, just sent him an e-mail about it.

Rueda del Queso
01-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Got a reply from XD. Apparently they haven't sold the high/low kit for a long time now, and I certainly didn't pay the high/low price. Alright, I accept I bought just a low-beam kit, but does anyone know of a way I could convert it to hi/low?

Spazhead
01-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Sorry i think you're SOL. Hi/LOW kits have built in solenoids in the back of the bulb, usually moulded, buying new bulbs and retro is not worth the hassle, better to sell you kit and buy another like CATZ.

ET-EP3
02-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi. I have installed lowbeam HID only. Did you Day time running light blinks? cause what my headlights are off the DRL sometimes blinks and when I turn on the headlight it stops.