PDA

View Full Version : 04 EP Headlights

slc71
01-22-2004, 12:00 PM
The 04 EP headlights are pretty cool. :cool:
Has anyone looked into installing these headlights on thier 02-03 EP?
It looks like they would fit, honda did not change the fenders or bumper that much from what I can tell.

Ocelot
01-22-2004, 03:48 PM
and what is that larger bulb under the main headlight bulb? is that like . . . a different hi beam? I think (from what I remember) there are now 4 bulbs instead of three. Headlight, parking, turn signal, ???

Mugen Power
01-22-2004, 05:11 PM
I haven't seen one up close but from the nice pics people have already posted, looks like they have separate high-lows (which I love), the parking light, the signal, and city lights (which I also love). I wish we had those two things that I love. :'(

slc71
01-22-2004, 05:28 PM
I stopped by honda today and they said the housing "should" fit but the wiring and the bulbs are different.
Maybe it would be an easy rewire, but you would have to buy the whole wiring harness to get the sockets for the lights.
Someone will make the conversion.
Will look into the conversion more and let ya know if I find out something.

Mugen Power
01-22-2004, 05:31 PM
I bet someone will do it just to be different, or for a show, or just to show people that they can do it. BUT, I doubt too many people will be jumping on this. So far, not too many people like the Ultra Man headlights too much.

tpao
01-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by slc71
The 04 EP headlights are pretty cool. :cool:
Has anyone looked into installing these headlights on thier 02-03 EP?
It looks like they would fit, honda did not change the fenders or bumper that much from what I can tell.

I checked with the local Honda dealership here. Just based on parts alone it's going to run $1000. The cost of each of the lights are $380 (x2) and the wiring harness is about another $300. According to the parts guy, we looked at the wiring and the schematics and the light housing should fit 02-03 models but with the dual bulbs, you needed to redo the wiring harned with the new harness. I was looking into doing this but can't justify the cost. However, the rear tail lights run $88 each at you local Honda dealership and will fit 02-3 EPs.

slc71
01-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Ok that is way to expensive to do, I don't like em that much. Thanks for the info man.

shimmy_yaz
01-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah I wanna do this conversion when I get the money. Another factor is that when you shell out all this money you can sell the old headlights to make up some of the money. What I really wish is someone would buy an 04 and want the 03 lights so I could just do a trade :D

k20hatch
01-25-2004, 02:14 PM
I just call them bubble eyes!