PDA

View Full Version : 00 si vs 02 si

oompaloompab0i
01-22-2004, 04:31 PM
i dont know if this has been covered or not, but i know that our cars have more torque than the 00 si but then again, the 00 si is lighter (by 100-200 lbs i think?) so which is faster stock vs stock? what about mod for mod, which is faster.

anjapower
01-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by oompaloompab0i
i dont know if this has been covered or not

famous last words of a REPOST:D

Driver's race, let's leave it that.:p

SpoonEP3
01-22-2004, 08:16 PM
just said each car has $600 for mod, the 02 would go hondata and 00 would go exhuast and intake, the 02 would just kill the 00... this the story that happen to me... i am the 02

rs_1101
01-22-2004, 08:22 PM
drivers race. to 60, youll prolly lose cuz our gearing sucks. above that.. drivers race

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2004, 08:24 PM
yeah, I'm not really scared of the older si's...I think the whole deal with the peeps saying they beat the newer ones so much was just the shitty drivers..I used to be a shitty driver...trust me! :D I can drive this car a lot better than before....just a note....last night I thought, damn, finally an older si that can run fast.

This guy in an older si was running 15 flats the whole time while I hit a 15.3 and 15.4-15.5's I have i/h/e, he has i/h/e...oh and nitrous! hahahaha, the fucker had nitrous and couldn't break out of the 15's! He had smaller wheels, stock 15's but with some good rubber. Kills me.

But all in all, the older si can beat ours...it just comes down to who's behind the wheel.

vivid blue Si
01-22-2004, 10:04 PM
I gotta tell you the 00 is alot faster I drove it for four years and
the 03 has alot over the 00 but not in the engine catorgory. I mean hey our car could beat a shitty driver in a type r :confused: Today
I shifted the EP at 7000 and it just felt so flat compared to the
00. I think the EP might pull off the line thats for sure but when the
V-TECH kicks on the 00 it would pull our cars hard. my 2 cents. by the way both my cars were,are bone stock.

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2004, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by vivid blue Si
the 03 has alot over the 00 but not in the engine catorgory. I mean hey our car could beat a shitty driver in a type r :confused: Today
V-TECH kicks on the 00 it would pull our cars hard. my 2 cents. by the way both my cars were,are bone stock.
yeah, if I was bone stock going up against an older si, I definitely would be worried. I think adding an intake alone helps a ton.

SilverEP
01-23-2004, 08:52 AM
The older Si's were torqueless wonders!!!!! The reason they felt so fast was how VTEC engaged....like everyone says...it will be a driver's race. Both are exceptional cars.

CaTiRo
01-23-2004, 10:53 AM
agreed, drivers race. the guy that was running 15sec flat with i/h/e and nitrous must have been a really bad driver. he should have been well into the 14s with that.

civicSIracer
01-23-2004, 12:25 PM
well since i was an owner of a 2000Si, i know for a fact that with the right mods, the 00 si is quicker. but it takes a lot of $$ to get it there. the 03 Si has a lot more torque and responds a lot more to little mods like an intake and exhaust. back when i had my 00 i raced a few 02s and didnt have a problem walking on them with i/h/e VAFC and better tires. even the slightly modded 02s.

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by CaTiRo
agreed, drivers race. the guy that was running 15sec flat with i/h/e and nitrous must have been a really bad driver. he should have been well into the 14s with that.
yeah, to tell you the truth, every 99-00 Si owner here in San antonio sucks man...that's why I have such a big head and always say no 99-00 si can beat me :D that's because they suck here :)

BrokenLimits
01-23-2004, 06:17 PM
I have raced 4 new ones. I have lost only once. I raced one of the new ones stock for stock and I think I got 1 car on him. I raced one of the new ones and I had Intake and Exhaust and he had Intake and Exhaust and I beat him by about 2 cars.

It can be all about drives but I think the Older Si responds better to I/H/E but the Ep seems to do better with a Hondata Reflash and of course Boost...

Just my .02 cents.

BTW the one that beat me claimed he had I/E and a reflash.

Dunrick
01-23-2004, 08:24 PM

yea, you can get the vtech he is talking about at www.vtech.com

Its KAAAAAAAAARZY

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2004, 09:38 PM
a lot faster? nah, I guess that depends on what you call a lot faster, I've driven one, and know how it feels. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely a true vtec, so na wise....maybe it might be better, that's if you go hard core na, but I think our engine is definitely better, minus the fake vtec we have :(

NBP_03Si
01-23-2004, 11:20 PM
classic question :D

all i know is that is a drivers race both have theirs strong points like for ep the torque at start and for the 00 Si the 3rd VTEC, (pulls pretty good), my best friend has ths 00 SI with I/H/E, short shifter, and i have on mine a cold air and i mean i take almost 1 full car at start then we go even until he gets to 3rd VTEC and he gains like 1/2 car and even from there until 80 -90mph. I'm not saying one is faster than the other, all i'm saying is that the race is pretty even.

but of course :angel: EPs RULEEE :p :p :p

vivid blue Si
01-24-2004, 12:30 AM
well its been since june since my 00 was stolen so maybe my memory is
bad(and I know that it is)and it could be that I guess I am more comparing it to my weekend car and thats no contest:D

Eee Pee
01-24-2004, 08:55 AM
I guess I am more comparing it to my weekend car and thats no contest:D

That Accord lx is fast? :smilem:

vivid blue Si
01-24-2004, 03:27 PM
its long gone but I was more thinking about the R:cool: