PDA

View Full Version : hondata?

oompaloompab0i
01-22-2004, 04:34 PM
im interested in getting hondata but am worried about the little details about it. i know it adds hp/tq, higher rpm, blah blah blah. but is it safe for our vehicles in the longer run? of course revving at 8000rpm is definitely not good for your car but in general how bad is it?

(i read everything form hondata.com, just asking for personal experience/opinion)

andy
01-22-2004, 07:51 PM
oompa, there's a lot of info on this if you do a search. I'd say
at least 20 people on here have had Hondata for over 10K miles (some
for 30K, even, I think) with no known problems/issues.

In fact, I've yet to really read of any complaints about it, except
for the price. fsugatorbait (phil) just got it and I know he was
questioning it for a while, but once he got it said he liked it
and "wouldn't drive without it", although he still thought it a tad
pricey. Check out his review in the reveiw section.

speedology
01-22-2004, 08:16 PM
iv'e had hondata for about 20K miles and i have no problems with it... the price is kind of pricey but if people will spend around $500-$600 on exhaust then this mod is way worth it...

Dunrick
01-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by speedology
iv'e had hondata for about 20K miles and i have no problems with it... the price is kind of pricey but if people will spend around $500-$600 on exhaust then this mod is way worth it...

people who spent that much on exhaust are suckers, unless they are goign to swap in the future.....Which I bet only 10% of the people here will....

HOndata is great

Wish it was my only bolton

SiRman
01-25-2004, 01:41 PM
people who spent that much on exhaust are suckers

Dunrick is a straight up exhaust hater!:tongue: :banana:

boostedsi0813
01-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Hey, i haven't been on the site in a while b/c the internet here at the dorm was slower than dial-up.

But yeah, my friend Alex just got his ECU back from hondata earlier in the week. I drove it last night and fell in love. All he has is a custom short ram and a crap load of suspension work, and the car moved.

I have Ingen CAI, DC header, and HKS cat-bac, and he can almost run with me. That says a lot, b/c i would skunk him before, esp. getting to the top of 3rd. The hondata gives the car so much low end. Ignore the numbers. The mod is a good one.

On another note, just the short while driving it, the thought of everyday driving with hondata became very appealing. The power given at low RPM's gives the smoothest acceleration.

Plus with our car's gearing and hondata, autocrossing will be a blast.