PDA

View Full Version : X2 Fenders

Vierge99
01-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Hey guys. Just to prove to you that it's true, I'm going to snap a pic of my aspecmotorsports.com X2 Fenders. They really are for our car. I'm getting them installed in a couple weeks.

Vierge99
01-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Okay, sorry about the bad pic but I used the camera in my phone. But here they are. Fiberglass and not painted. The two gills have a metal mesh grill in them.

skooba
01-22-2004, 06:19 PM
:eek:

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2004, 08:31 PM
:'(

Dunrick
01-22-2004, 08:34 PM
kill me now

k20hatch
01-22-2004, 08:44 PM
:confusem:------:shockm:--------:sadm:

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
kill me now
:D
http://www.lostdestinations.com/emoticons/1087.gif
http://www.lostdestinations.com/emote/hang.gif

Civicvtec1ps
01-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Post some finished pictures later.

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Post some finished pictures later.
you're nicer than me :D I'm sure it won't look as bad as I picture, especially since he's got a black ep.

513n179
01-22-2004, 10:07 PM
never, i say never... would i ever put that crap on my car... just keep your stock fenders, you'll need them.

:rolleyes:

Vierge99
01-22-2004, 10:34 PM
I'm sure 02SilverSiHB would agree that what a person does to their car is personal preference. I remember reading plenty of posts from people saying that he needed to get his CF body kit painted to match his car. Maybe he wants the CF to stand out.

I like my new fenders and that's all that matters. Oh and they're NOT cheap fiberglass. They're well made. And about 1/4 the weight of the stock fenders.

Did I also mention that my front right fender had paint discolored severly from oxidation that came from a chemical on my roof? Or that a few weeks ago a huge snow boulder hit that same fender leaving a huge dent? Or maybe it's because there's a ton of scratches all over them.

My stock fenders were getting replaced. The side-markers are gay. So these were the best replacements I could find.

I'll be sure to post about 300 pictures of them installed on my car when that's done.

chubbychu
01-22-2004, 10:48 PM
where in no cal do you live? they look pretty cool

SiR_d1
01-22-2004, 10:54 PM
doesn't bother me much. Install what you like:)

Vierge99
01-23-2004, 12:26 AM
I'm from Sacramento. And thanks guys, I will send pics of them when it's done. :)

ep3hatchattack
01-23-2004, 02:18 AM
i think i may have considered that when i replaced my fenders today at the body shop, they are nice.... only thing is that it wont look quiet as shiny when you paint it, but im sure a few clear coats can make it look sweet, definetely keep me posted......thanks bud, dave

STP03BlueSI
01-23-2004, 06:44 AM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/waffen/violent-smiley-039.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/waffen/violent-smiley-098.gif :D

02SilverSiHB
01-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Vierge99
I'm sure 02SilverSiHB would agree that what a person does to their car is personal preference. I remember reading plenty of posts from people saying that he needed to get his CF body kit painted to match his car. Maybe he wants the CF to stand out.
So true man, be a good sport about it, and don't let people get to you...trust me, I know! ;) Also....the side markers aren't gay..they save me so many times you don't know :D

StrangeShadow
01-24-2004, 02:57 PM
...and for awhile I almost began to think ep3 owners were a better class of ppl...

ATRIOT
02-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Pics please!

redronin22
02-17-2004, 10:36 PM
It was bound to happen... first altrezzas on EP's
then the infamous purple dragons gracing various EP's
now m3/bullet style fenders.

whats next hood spoilers? or how about who can stack the most spoilers on thier rides =-)

plpong893
02-18-2004, 09:09 AM
how about u sell me ur stock ones cheap

S2KplusSI
02-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
...and for awhile I almost began to think ep3 owners were a better class of ppl...
Ouch!

Vierge99
02-18-2004, 01:53 PM
I had just typed a huge explanation as to why I don't give a sh-t about what everyone else thinks about my car. And how even though we drive the "Si" model of Civic... it's still a damn Civic. It's not a Ferrari or Porsche. It's a Civic. People buy it because it's economical, cheap, and has a lot of mods. Not because it's a "High-Class" vehicle. But instead I'm going to cut it down because I don't have to explain myself that much. I'm on ephatch.com to tell everyone here about my experiences with my car. Not to get bashed because I'm replacing a stock part. I could easilly tell all of you that it's a shame to all EP3 owners that you put an exhaust on your car. Sure it gives performance but everyone has one. NO ONE has these fenders on yet. At least not in my area. So when I get my car a turbocharger and start smoking other cars on the road... they'll remember my EP because it's not like everyone elses'. Don't be mad because my milkshake is better then yours. I like my fenders. They get installed soon and I am totally excited. Leave me to it.

And if you don't like them, then stay of this thread and don't look at the pictures I post. How about that huh?

AkronSi
02-18-2004, 02:20 PM
ummm, do you have any pics?

blacksihatch
02-18-2004, 02:28 PM
You go girl

esmith13
02-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by redronin22
It was bound to happen... first altrezzas on EP's
then the infamous purple dragons gracing various EP's
now m3/bullet style fenders.

whats next hood spoilers? or how about who can stack the most spoilers on thier rides =-)

I assume the "purple dragons" comment was towards me... AND I have the APC tails...

Shame my "sad" looking EP will run circles around yours any day of the week huh, redronin? :D

Vierge, do what you like. Being "different" WAS originally part of the purpose of modding a car (don't know what happened to that concept?). Screw what someone on the internet says is "acceptable" and enjoy your car. Just make sure quality workmanship is used...

... And post pictures when your done!!

Eric

siver-SI
02-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Pics please. Want to see what this is all about.

k20hatch
02-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Vierge, do what you like. Being "different" WAS originally part of the purpose of modding a car (don't know what happened to that concept?). Screw what someone on the internet says is "acceptable" and enjoy your car. Just make sure quality workmanship is used...

That was the most beautiful thing ive heard all night! :'(

That about sums everything up!! You said it perfect!

esmith13
02-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
That was the most beautiful thing ive heard all night! :'(

That about sums everything up!! You said it perfect!

Thank you very much! :D

Eric

redronin22
02-18-2004, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by esmith13
[B]I assume the "purple dragons" comment was towards me... AND I have the APC tails...

Shame my "sad" looking EP will run circles around yours any day of the week huh, redronin? :D

but u'll look rediculous doing so =-) after im done with my performance mods ill have a pink dinosaur sticker on my ride and we can look rediculous together =-) ;)

TrippZ
02-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by redronin22
[QUOTE]Originally posted by esmith13
[B]I assume the "purple dragons" comment was towards me... AND I have the APC tails...

but u'll look rediculous doing so =-) after im done with my performance mods ill have a pink dinosaur sticker on my ride and we can look rediculous together =-) ;)

hahhahahaha ZING!

regardless, put up some pics of the fenders, homie!

03EP3SiHB
02-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Your car is your car, do whatever the hell you want to do to it. Man, if I had more money nad parents that wouldn't threaten to kick me out ofr buying so much sh-t for my car, I would have some sick ass Mugen sh-t all over my car, and I mean everywhere. Yes you are right, it is just a Civic, but the have the dopest Civic that is out now!! Anyways keep up the good work on your car, it is your car right??? Don't listen to these HATERS. Hate the game, not the PLAYER..................

-Gio

;) :)

Vierge99
02-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Okay well this thread was posted a long time ago but for some reason got enough replies to move back to the top of the discussion... almost.

I still haven't gotten the fenders installed. My body shop that repaired my car from an accident last year, will be painting/installing them hopefully this weekend for about $250. Not a bad price around here.

I posted pics of the unpainted and uninstalled fenders leaning against my garage before. I'm not sure wether it was in this thread or not. Do a search. If you need to see what this thread is about, go to aspecmotorsports.com and look at the fenders section. They are the X2 fenders. And the ones for our car look particularly sweet because they are small.

Yes, when the install is done, you guys can all be assured that I will post pics. I will post them in this thread if it's still up. If not I'll make a thread that says something like X2 Fenders Installed.

I just looked in another thread and found a mod that you purists would detest more then some fenders... the mod was a SRT-4. Yeah, a Neon. much less pure then a pair of fenders.

StrangeShadow
03-01-2004, 03:31 PM
I just looked in another thread and found a mod that you purists would detest more then some fenders... the mod was a SRT-4. Yeah, a Neon. much less pure then a pair of fenders.
what do you mean bro...he converted for ak-seires to a srt-4...what's a srt-4 mod?!? keep in mind I've been away for awhile. =)

phatfreeza
03-01-2004, 03:55 PM
so, have they been put on yet? pics???

StrangeShadow
03-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by phatfreeza
so, have they been put on yet? pics??? haha that pipe is funny

phatfreeza
03-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
haha that pipe is funny

i'm assuming you mean the dobbs pipe... i miss that guy... i thought he was coming back!!! :D

StrangeShadow
03-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by phatfreeza
i'm assuming you mean the dobbs pipe... i miss that guy... i thought he was coming back!!! :D
whoooaaaa! what happen to dubbs?!?!? I haven't been around in a few months. Is he ok?!

k20hatch
03-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Pics pics picsss!