PDA

View Full Version : Honda Factory EP Service

bigace
01-22-2004, 08:52 PM
What's up guys, I've got an 02 EP nearing 20,000 miles...for the second time (the first being 8-10k miles,) the maintenance required light is bugging me; I'm aware of how to reset it and all, but my question is this: what does the dealer do for the 10,000, and the 20 or 25,000 mile service? Has anyone taken their car in for this? Thanks,

Big Ace

phatsi
01-22-2004, 08:57 PM
it's all listed in your manual the intervals and service recommendations;)

513n179
01-22-2004, 10:00 PM
10k:
- drain and replace engine oil and replace drain bolt washer.
- rotate and inspect tires.

20k: same as 10k, but also:
- replace oil filter.
- and inspect a bunch of shit.

but if you have a manual, it should tell you everything. there's a checklist...

i just reached 10k on my 03 and had my 10k done last weekend. to my surprise, they did the 20k for me too. my girlfriends sis hooked it up.

Vertigo
01-23-2004, 01:21 AM
I think taking your car into the Honda dealer for service is a rip-off. For the first 30k miles all you do is change the oil, filter and rotate the tires. The only reason to take my car in would me, if i had a issue conserning warranty work. Or something that is to involved for me like head gasket, water pump or timing belt.

bigace
01-23-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by 513n179
10k:
- drain and replace engine oil and replace drain bolt washer.
- rotate and inspect tires.

20k: same as 10k, but also:
- replace oil filter.
- and inspect a bunch of shit.

but if you have a manual, it should tell you everything. there's a checklist...

i just reached 10k on my 03 and had my 10k done last weekend. to my surprise, they did the 20k for me too. my girlfriends sis hooked it up.

Yo I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say they did the 20k too, since its virtually the same... do you mean they also replaced the oil filter and just inspected some extra stuff? Doesn't everyone on this board change the oil filter everytime you change your oil, or no? Later!

phatsi
01-23-2004, 07:04 AM
every 3k, oil, filter, and drain washer....plus check tires and rotate if needed!!!:D

STP03BlueSI
01-23-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Vertigo
I think taking your car into the Honda dealer for service is a rip-off. For the first 30k miles all you do is change the oil, filter and rotate the tires. The only reason to take my car in would me, if i had a issue conserning warranty work. Or something that is to involved for me like head gasket, water pump or timing belt.

I will second that! Only costs me the price of the filter and the oil..cheaper to do it your self;)

513n179
01-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by bigace
Yo I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say they did the 20k too, since its virtually the same... do you mean they also replaced the oil filter and just inspected some extra stuff? Doesn't everyone on this board change the oil filter everytime you change your oil, or no? Later!

yeah, they inspected a bunch of stuff on top of the 10k... normally it costs like $115 for the 10k, but i only paid $40.

it does seem like it's a rip off to take it to honda for it's recomended service, but isn't it good to have the records from honda when you resell it?

phatsi
01-25-2004, 07:59 PM
just keep yours receipts.....

BlasTech
01-25-2004, 08:48 PM
They also do you the DIVINE favor of greasing the door hinges at 10k....

Ohhhh, Thank you SOOO much for saving me from such an ordeal!