PDA

View Full Version : es motor mount install tips and tricks

civicSIracer
01-23-2004, 01:02 AM
im going to get started installing my ES mm this weekend and i was reading over the install instructions on kseries and i was wondering if there are any tips or trix that those of you that have install them have from your experiences. i will most likley be doing this by myself.. so, ya, what to look out for and what to take off and what not to fuck with.. thanks

Vertigo
01-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Here's some detailed instructions plus some pics.
http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP3_ES_MOUNTS

Black 02 SI
01-23-2004, 01:38 AM
i found it easier to do thw front one from the top instead of moving the motor back. take out the battery and tray(two bolts on brackets underneath for the tray), also take out the fan, then the mount is right there. IMO easier than moving the engine. the back one is cake, don't have to even take the exhaust down if you move the mount around right. word of advice triple check the bolts to make sure they are tight, and check them a few days after as well, already had one member lose his whole engine due to this. good luck and have fun.

styllinep3
01-23-2004, 08:04 AM
dude pull the back one, and then the front. also the first thing you want to do is disconnect your header and downpipe. gives you much more play to move around the engine. oh and a second hand would be nice;)

civicSIracer
01-24-2004, 02:17 AM
nice anything else?