PDA

View Full Version : DC Sports CAI

rjammd
01-23-2004, 09:18 AM
About a year and half ago when I bought my car I decided to add a DC Sports header and exhaust. Both worked out fine but I also bought a DC Sports CAI that came with the header and exhaust package. After I installed it all was fine and I was pretty happy.

But over time the bracket it came with to mount the intake to the car down where the filter is broke. I have since gone back to the stock air box, because of the rattling around. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? Or am I the only one who bought one? If you have one how did you mount it? In the end I will just get a V2 but it bothers me that I had to cut the fender liner and drill holes to make this thing fit and now it's a $200.00 piece of trash.

2.0L Monster
01-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Look on the bright side, your filter is still worth something. Sell it to someone with an ebay intake. :D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
01-23-2004, 09:38 AM
what's so hard about just bringing it to a muffler shop and tipping the guy $5 to re-weld it??

rjammd
01-23-2004, 09:50 AM
It's not a weld like the AEM is. It's a separate bracket that screws into the body of the car and the other end slips under the clamp holding the filter on the tube.