PDA

View Full Version : Another spring issue

staticflo
01-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Well my car has been lowered on Tein springs for a few months now. I notice going in and out of my driveway that when the rear wheels hit the street it sounds like something is loose in the rear suspension. It sounds like metal rattling...sorry if this sounds crazy im trying to explain the sound the best i can, damn i wish i could record it somehow. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what i should look for in the rear suspension to hopefully remedy this issue, its really annoying. Also, I'm a newb to modding cars so please explain thoroughly if you have an idea of what it may be, I have no idea where to begin to look.
Thanks,
Mike

idrive
01-23-2004, 12:47 PM
some ppl here have had their rear sway bar hit their exhaust piping...

staticflo
01-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by idrive
some ppl here have had their rear sway bar hit their exhaust piping...

On their stock exhaust? My car is stock except for the springs....

staticflo
01-24-2004, 11:38 AM
anybody?

513n179
01-24-2004, 05:45 PM
i had teins springs since april... not 1 problem yet. not a sound or anything. maybe something happened when they were installed... i drive my car very lightly and don't ever drive it hard... maybe the shocks a gone or going... :)

raiyo
01-24-2004, 08:48 PM
I have mine on for quite some time already. Just telling you what my problems are, dunno how to fix yours though. Maybe it is the same, somehow?

Front springs make a popping noise when I turn the steering wheel, like it isn't seated right, but when it is. Using some WD40 knocked out the sound, but once it's gone, the sound comes back. When the car/spring is cold, and when the suspension travals then I hear a loud pop, then the sound is gone.