PDA

View Full Version : Ebay High Flow Cat

VividDreams
01-23-2004, 04:13 PM
does anyone know anything about this?High Flow Cat-Pipe Civic Si 2.0L HB 2002-Up (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33629&item=2455197099)

thanks

andy
01-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Do a search, using the words in your subject line. Should get a bunch
of hits.

It's a nice piece, well made, shiny (oooooh, aaaaah), etc. Don't
really know if it gives any gains (I don't think anyone has dyno'd
with it yet) and I put it on the same time as a cat back and CAI,
so I can't give you butt dyno results, either.
The problems with it are that it throws a MIL (CEL) and *may* foul
both your primary and secondary 02 sensors. fsugatorbait and myself
have been running around with it for some time with the CEL on and
both of us just got the Caspers 02 simulator, but I'm not sure if
the primary 02 is fried yet (should know tomorrow, gator may update
on his results tonight). So for not knowing what gains you are
getting, it is probably not worth the risk (at least if you don't
purchase the CEL-eliminator).

But, I do get to quote Frank the Tank:
"...she's not exactly street legal". :)

myeverlovinsir
01-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I had it dynoed recently, problem is it was done AFTER the A2 head went on so no reasonable numbers. I have had it on for near 2 months and have not seen a cel for it, and this includes using it before the A2 head with the A3 Hondata ECU. Just my luck I guess.

VividDreams
01-23-2004, 04:31 PM
are o2 sensors expensive to replace if they do get fouled? does it change the sound and/or volume of the exhaust at all? for $70 its not a bad deal if it frees up the exhaust a little. btw, what is a MIL, or CEL? ive never seen those terms used before.

thanks again!

myeverlovinsir
01-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by VividDreams
are o2 sensors expensive to replace if they do get fouled? does it change the sound and/or volume of the exhaust at all? for $70 its not a bad deal if it frees up the exhaust a little. btw, what is a MIL, or CEL? ive never seen those terms used before.

thanks again!

O2 sensor runs about 170 bucks or somewhere in there, it was posted before by bioevolve.
DTC - Diagnostic Trouble Code
MIL - Malfunction Indicator Lamp
CEL - Check Engine Light
PCM - Program Control Module (or ECU)

VividDreams
01-23-2004, 04:51 PM
ok, thanks a lot everlovin.

fsugatorbait
01-23-2004, 10:27 PM
About the sim, it came today and seems to be doing the job. Before the 1st sensor read constant at .63xV-.64xV and the 2nd one varied greatly from about .32xV-.85xV in a up and down consistant pattern. With the sim, the second one only varies from .32xV-.64xV. Drove it for a while today and didnt get any pending codes. Before, after a reset it would take less than 50 miles to come back on, ill easily surpass that tomorrow so we'll see.