PDA

View Full Version : Is this for real

excivic98
01-23-2004, 08:26 PM
I found this on the Boom Plus Toys website, I am just a little skeptical if a fuse could improve this much.

Ritz Super Fuse

Believe it or not, a fuse can make a substantial difference in the performance of your vehicle. After some in depth testing, we have found the following: Improved throttle response, improved cold start, improvement in sound quality of stereo system, decrease in speed change shock, improvement of fuel economy, purification of waste gas, increased efficiency of air conditioner, increase of light intensity. Of course this is in relation to the fuse that has been replaced. Although the idea of replacing of various fuses with such outcome may sound a bit skeptical, it has the same doubts as that of adding ground wires within the engine compartment. Whatever the case is, it is up to YOU, the automotive enthusiasts to find out!

Fuses which are offered:

ATC 5A,7.5A,10A,15A,20A,25A,30A,40A 5A,7.5A,10A,15A,20A,25A,30A

STP03BlueSI
01-23-2004, 08:32 PM
A fuse can do that...how? lowering the power goin thru it>? confused

estebones
01-23-2004, 08:32 PM
bs IMO
There's no way that a simple fuse could improve performance, if this was the cse then I would think the big names in performance after market products would have been all over this.
:D

priest6479
01-23-2004, 09:52 PM
I have a fuse that is rated 1.21 Gigawatts!

Seriously, how can a fuse improve anything? lets think about this for a second, voltage runs through the fuse, if too much goes through for some reason wether it be a short or surge somehow, You would want that fuse to blow other wise the electrical componant that requires a fuse might blow.

Hey if anyone wants, I have lightweight lugnuts that are so light they will take 3 - 7 seconds off your 1/4 mile time. (JOKE)

DingDong02Si
01-23-2004, 10:25 PM
If that is all true then I will be upgrading mine but I dont think a simple fuse can improve all of that to your car. Show me some facts and then I will believe this! :rolleyes:

enecks
01-24-2004, 12:46 AM
nice BTTF reference, priest6479

civicSIracer
01-24-2004, 01:46 AM
its a fuse. you have to be kidding me.

blueiedgod
01-24-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by priest6479
I have a fuse that is rated 1.21 Gigawatts!

Seriously, how can a fuse improve anything? lets think about this for a second, voltage runs through the fuse, if too much goes through for some reason wether it be a short or surge somehow, You would want that fuse to blow other wise the electrical componant that requires a fuse might blow.

Hey if anyone wants, I have lightweight lugnuts that are so light they will take 3 - 7 seconds off your 1/4 mile time. (JOKE)

I have a Flux-Capacitor to go with it, but the only effect is achieved at 88 mph. I think Si has a better chance of reaching 88 mph than a DeLorean.

Peking
01-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by blueiedgod
I have a Flux-Capacitor to go with it, but the only effect is achieved at 88 mph. I think Si has a better chance of reaching 88 mph than a DeLorean.

Yes, great that you have the Flux-Capacitor. Go back in time and tell Honda to give us the Type-R :D

beansbear
01-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Actually those fuses and another called the G-Fuse is very popular in Japan. Along with the Power Neo and a spray on conductor you can say that some things from Japan are complete bull.

I suppose if you have done everything to your car you possibly could, then these may make a difference so small only God could tell.

If I was loaded... i'd get um and say "Hey... i got JDM fuses!"

blueiedgod
01-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Yes, great that you have the Flux-Capacitor. Go back in time and tell Honda to give us the Type-R :D

They already do, it is called RSX Type S