PDA

View Full Version : got a speeding ticket

rs_1101
01-23-2004, 10:51 PM
got a ticket for 67 in a 40. omg. can anyone help me!? i live in cali. it was cvc 2280 i believe.
is there anything i can do!?
i inspected the road and im not sure the cop had a valid line of sight cuz theres a telephone pole and a bunch of parked cars in the way. also theres 2 way traffic across a grass divider..
is there hope?
do u think i can qualify for traffic school at least!?

dj addicted
01-23-2004, 10:56 PM
umm.. I dont know about the school.. 27 is a lot over...and as for the poles and stuff...that really only comes into play with laser.. did he say he clocked you on laser? If so, you might have something.. but even then.. its all up to the judge...and 99% of cali judges hate import cars... been out there... trust me, it sucks

cHiNoYbOi14
01-23-2004, 10:57 PM
I dunno man you were goin pretty fast...have you gotten any tickets in the past? Cuz if it's your first then you should be eligible to take traffic school. But you can't get another ticket for another 18 months or else...

DJQuikFingaz
01-23-2004, 10:59 PM
You broke the law. Face the music and take your punishment.

rs_1101
01-23-2004, 11:03 PM
man thats how i feel. except its this thing i got with my parents. i kno i have to pay the traffic ticket. im dumb and i was goin too fast. the other thing is (btw i have no tickets in the past) my parents are gonna kick me out if i get the ticket reason being:

i live at home cuz i drive my siblings to school.
if i get a ticket i dont drive.
so if i cant drive, i dont have a home.

i noticed the cop bumped my ticket up to 67 so i technically dont automatically qualify for traffic school. if anyone knows anythin about this please help me out. i really needa kno if ill have a chance @ traffic school for goin 65 in a 40.

dj addicted
01-23-2004, 11:20 PM
take it to court.. since this is your first offense.. the judge "might" be nice enough to drop the fine down a bit and make you take the course... keyword there is "might"

rs_1101
01-23-2004, 11:27 PM
ya i dont have much choice do i? id prolly have to plead guilty and make a motion for reduction of fine or traffic school.

civicSIracer
01-24-2004, 01:42 AM
yes you can go to traffic school... ive done a lot worse the 67 in a 40, but i have gone to traffic school. dont worrie bout it man.. pay the fine, go to traffic school and be done with it. if you think you can fight it then you better be able to prove you werent going that fast cuz the pig is going to have favor over a teenage kid speeding.. i know how you feel tho man.. it sucks

best of luck to ya.

TrippZ
01-24-2004, 07:45 AM
The punishment depends on the judge. He might just say don't do it again. He won't, but he might.

Explain to your parents that you'll take care of all the fines because you have a job. You do have a job, right?

I found that reasoning and actually talking works well with parents. Hootin' and hollerin' gets you the same thing back and three times worse punishment.

hth

john

civ02si
01-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Lost my license in southern cali 2 months after i got the car the judge was a dick 20 over can be wreakless driving. sorry no taffic school for you. i lost my license for doing 32 over the speed limit was 70 so thats 102. the cop wrote me two tickets one for doing 102 and one for doing 99 cause judge will throw out the over 100 ticket if its that close to 100. they might give you two points on your record.

rs_1101
01-24-2004, 11:13 PM
thats what im worried about cuz #2280 is california basic speed law, but i have no previous offenses. im hoping if i dress nice and be courteous i may have a chance, but i doubt ill lose my liscense over a misdemeanor. over 100 is an aggravated offense i believe, but the 2280 i think may be arguable. im going to change my court date to throw off the cop who wrote the ticket, maybe i can get a no show, otherwise im going to be very remorseful, and ask nicely for driving school.

raiyo
01-24-2004, 11:53 PM
To bad u aint in my area, else I could get my friend to help you out. Depending on the cost of the ticket, the lawyer can get the ticket wiped out/void for a small cost of the ticket valve. Ask around, your friends or whatever. See if any lawyer willing to do it for you.

rs_1101
01-25-2004, 12:38 AM
really!? that sounds interesting