PDA

View Full Version : crash...

BlackBullet02Si
01-24-2004, 11:24 AM
hey guys i just wanted to post this to let you all know i was involved in an ice related accident yesterday. I came to a stop at an intersection, went to make a left but saw a car coming really fast, way over the 40 limit. So since i had already started turning, i slammed on the breaks and my tires spun on a wonderful patch of ice. Whole front and doorside was smashed in and i don't remember anything. I'm going to see the car tomorrow and i'll take some pictures. It's such a scary feeling not to remember anything. Just wanted to tell everyone what happened and remind everyone to drive safely.

even when you feel like you've got total control of the car something like this happens. It's also a testimate to how our cars are made that i'm alive and unhurt.

take care everyone, i'll post pictures once i get them

skooba
01-24-2004, 11:39 AM
glad to hear that you're ok and i hope your insurance will cover the damages. best of luck to ya.

C1V1C
01-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Glad you are ok, that's the important thing. If it is less than 40mph zone, then I think the other car is at fault. I mean not completely, but at least you can work something out. Good luck with the insurance.

STP03BlueSI
01-24-2004, 11:58 AM
OUCH!!! hope all goes well, glad to hear you are ok. Get your self checked out, so u dont end up with ne neck or back problems later:(

k20hatch
01-24-2004, 12:12 PM
The main thing is your ok!!! Cars can be replaced!

denmah
01-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
The main thing is your ok!!! Cars can be replaced!

you said it right there bro, cars can always be replaced, good to see you here with us.

thank the ep gods also.

shimmy_yaz
01-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by denmah
you said it right there bro, cars can always be replaced, good to see you here with us.

thank the ep gods also.

ditto man when shit happens to the car it sucks but it could be worse

BlackBullet02Si
01-26-2004, 01:44 PM
thanks for the support guys...its been a bad couple days.

Still haven't been to see the car but i will soon and will take pictures.

Meanwhile, i've got some insurance related questions for the people with new jersey insurance. My dad was trying to explain how our insurance is no fault. What exactly does that mean? If the police report shows that the kid who hit me was speeding, what does that mean for what happens with insurance? My main hope is that the car isn't totalled, cuz if it is I don't know what i'm going to do. Also, with insurance, any money i get for the car i'll have to pay back anyway with the surcharges and whatnot over the next couple years, correct?

I guess i just need an insurance lesson...