PDA

View Full Version : Apex Power intake filter

Ph0nK
01-24-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm in the process of building my own intake, and I was evaluating filters. Everyone I've talked to has told me K&N, but I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with the Apex Power intake filter (the dual cone one). Think it's any good, or at least worth the 2x cost as compared to the K&N?

denmah
01-24-2004, 01:11 PM
i would just stick with a KN filter.
sit back and think to yourself. its just a filter. and any cone filter will make the same hp.

idrive
01-24-2004, 05:56 PM
the cheap wire-mesh filters from your local ricer shop are the best flowing IMO... unless you drive through a lot of dusty areas, id get that...
those greasy filters just make a mess in your TB and IM over time...

nozomi
01-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by idrive
the cheap wire-mesh filters from your local ricer shop are the best flowing IMO... unless you drive through a lot of dusty areas, id get that...
those greasy filters just make a mess in your TB and IM over time...

I was worrying about the grease would mess up the sensor over time before too. But, Mugen's intake uses K&N oil for their filter so i guess it's alright.

Ph0nK
01-25-2004, 12:19 AM
What I found interesting was this page: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

It reviews four different filter elements, including the APEX'i and the K&N for their filtering capability. Lets just say the APEX'i one came out drastically on top. Now, I'm not sure if I trust these guys, but who knows.