PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for headers?

chinq6t
01-24-2004, 02:56 PM
i've been looking for headers but dont know which.. i've checked out the dc sports one.. but still dont know.. i've heard headers can do some harm to the car in the long run.. but ofcourse it can increase power and perhaps better fuel economy.. any way.. any suggestions for headers?

dofu
01-24-2004, 03:43 PM
hahahah... drivin your car is harmful to the car in the long run too! lol. yea... dc is good... but go for ceramic, they last better. do a search in the "rate and review" section if you want more opinions.

DavidT
01-24-2004, 04:02 PM
It's header not headers because you only have one on your car. I don't really like DC's header for our car. Never have liked DC that much, their quality is ok not the best. Comptech makes a wicked ass header for our Si's but it's really pricey. Jackson Racing makes a Race header and Comptech makes a Race header too but those aren't street legal, no carb # and no cat.

A header won't harm your car, it may actually help your car because it'll help it exhaul better.

Low Rider
01-24-2004, 04:20 PM
I have the Comptech headers... beautiful fit and finish... street legal... worth every penny!!!:D

myeverlovinsir
01-24-2004, 04:40 PM
I think the Comptech header is about the best you could get, I have the DC ceramic. I like it for the tq value it has shown. Yeah there were design issues in the start with them, they are solved and I just welded the baffle plate myself and have had no problems since. IMO, it's DC or Comptech for shorties and JR or Borla for a step up.:blushm:

chunky
01-24-2004, 10:03 PM
well, considering that hte borla is not much more than the shorty DC headers, I say borla.

I paid 333.xx for mine, SHIPPED (cheaper than comptech shorty by far, only a bit more expensive than DC). will be here next week. It's not a pure bolton installation and requires some cutting, but it's 100% worth it.

Z26
01-24-2004, 11:12 PM
I have the complete borla setup,Header and exhaust. I love the topend gains from the parts. I didnt want the shorty header and needed to keep the cat so the borla was and is the only choice. The install was a bitch but it was my first which didnt help either! I am totally satisfied with the borla and would recommend the to anybody.

Tenacious G
01-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by chinq6t
i've been looking for headers but dont know which.. i've checked out the dc sports one.. but still dont know.. i've heard headers can do some harm to the car in the long run.. but ofcourse it can increase power and perhaps better fuel economy.. any way.. any suggestions for headers?

what have you heard from others saying an aftermarket header will do the engine harm?

myeverlovinsir
01-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
what have you heard from others saying an aftermarket header will do the engine harm?

I would not concern yourself with harm when it comes to headers. If anything they help the flow of air from the engine and do absolutely no harm. Increased flow is what you want! If you could run without a header and it was legal the damage would be the same, none.;)

SiRman
01-24-2004, 11:42 PM
the damage would be the same, none

Well the only damage done would be hearing damage!:smilem: :shockm:

Sb00
01-24-2004, 11:59 PM
hehe no joke i started my car for the hell of it with no cat and just running out of the header and DAYUMNNNNN It's loud :) especially at 6k :D hehe

i have the copmtech header and it is worth every penny, great quality in a great part :) i love it.

myeverlovinsir
01-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by SiRman
Well the only damage done would be hearing damage!:smilem: :shockm:

damn strait!http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/tribe.gif

dofu
01-25-2004, 03:52 AM
jus ordered a test pipe, so, yea... if i was to buy another header for my ride, i'd opt for the comptech race setup... unless i go a2 conversion. then i'd go toda. but that's on how much you're willing to spend, and whether you want a carb number or not.

oogy-boogy
01-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Hmmm....personally, I'm a cheap-o and I love my HP. It was actually pretty damn good quality and helped out my high end a ton...

Dunrick
01-25-2004, 09:37 AM
I agree, borla has some nice top end. right around 5k it really kicks in. Its great quality, and cheap. Atleast when I bought it, when it first came out.

I payed somewhere around 390 for thecatback, and 300 even for the header.

Probably can not find it that cheap now.....

chunky
01-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick
I agree, borla has some nice top end. right around 5k it really kicks in. Its great quality, and cheap. Atleast when I bought it, when it first came out.

I payed somewhere around 390 for thecatback, and 300 even for the header.

Probably can not find it that cheap now.....
you can get it for around 320 + shipping now if you look :) still worth every penny.

Tenacious G
01-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
I would not concern yourself with harm when it comes to headers. If anything they help the flow of air from the engine and do absolutely no harm. Increased flow is what you want! If you could run without a header and it was legal the damage would be the same, none.;)

don't get me wrong, i don't believe an aftermarket header would cause any damage. i'm just interested in what people are saying.

DingDong02Si
01-25-2004, 03:41 PM
I recomend getting the new jackson racing race header that adds 26.6 hp if im not mistaken. Its in the new nopi magizine I got yesterday. You should check that one out.:D :D

DavidT
01-25-2004, 04:46 PM
JR race header adds 26WHP with their supercharger setup. Not sure what it'd do on a n/a motor. I'm guessing around 5-10 WHP :)