PDA

View Full Version : Mcchullohs <--- SPELLING?

seattlecivic
01-24-2004, 05:40 PM
I FINALLY DID IT!! I ordered a set of H4 "DUH" the same kind as yours... We all have the same car. ANYWAYS, H4 Hi/Low 8000K HID kit. The price was right and the timing was good so I couldn't pass on the great deal.

You can find the post on the honda-acura.net. I'll update this post later if you guys wanna get the deal. You can get any color application on single beam for $305 shipped and an extra $10 for overnight fedex. Not sure on how long this deal is going on. Should this post be in for sale too? The main reason for this was to let you guys know I purchased my kit :-)

I'll show before and after pics as soon as I do the install. Should arrive next Tue or Wed. BTW, I got my kit for $495 shipped incluidng overnight and 8000K Hi/Low but that doesn't apply to the good deal. Okay, I confused you so i'll go now. HA!!

k20whiteboi269
01-24-2004, 05:48 PM
congrats bro. does the 8000k have the blue/purplish hue to the light? i cant remember. i have piaa bulbs but after they blow hid will be next upgrade for me. also ive heard that with hids hi beam isnt as usefull is this true?

raiyo
01-24-2004, 09:24 PM
where are the bulbs and ballast made? hope it is japan, else it's all junk. personal experience

seattlecivic
01-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by k20whiteboi269
congrats bro. does the 8000k have the blue/purplish hue to the light? i cant remember. i have piaa bulbs but after they blow hid will be next upgrade for me. also ive heard that with hids hi beam isnt as usefull is this true?

Your correct, the 8000K's have a blue/purplish hue to them. The 1000K is pretty much just purple. Their 6000K seems to be the most popular. More of a bluish/white and the 5000K is just pure white.

Personally, on the high beams. Everyone I know with HID's purchased the low beam only mod and they are unable to use their high beams, depending on what model car they are driving. If their high beam bulbs are seperate then you don't need to worry about it. If you purchased the HID's with the High/Low's then I don't see why it wouldn't be useful. You have to remember though. If your living in a city, you don't really need high beams. It's more for darker roads that limit street lights ;-) Hope that helps.

seattlecivic
01-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
where are the bulbs and ballast made? hope it is japan, else it's all junk. personal experience

I'm not sure where they are made, but I hope they will be alright. My friends seem to be doing fine. I'll let you know when I get them.

EMI
01-25-2004, 07:00 PM
there is a guy on here I bought 2 sets from that were $295 and that brand, well they acurally went out of business and that guy I got mine from, his friends father I think bought the company

EMI
01-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by raiyo

that is not true. I have had about 6 sets of HID's over time in my cars and they all have had Hella ballasts made in Germany and never had a problem.

raiyo
01-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by EMI
that is not true. I have had about 6 sets of HID's over time in my cars and they all have had Hella ballasts made in Germany and never had a problem.

oh, heheh... okay, forgot to leave something. japan is the best, go figure, personal reference i guess. germany is cool, just NO TAIWAN stuff or some other country that make poor quailty stuff.

seattlecivic
01-26-2004, 01:17 AM
Just found out Mccullochs brand HID's are OEM for a lot of car companies in Japan. Despite where they are made... doesn't it make it JDM? I'm sure not every part on a Japanese car is made in Japan. Even the best brands have some defects. Still good to know if one goes bad.

ViViDPeArL
01-26-2004, 08:23 AM
gah...you paid too much...should have bought them from me :D

seattlecivic
01-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Well, Fedex came to my door and I never knew it... I was home all day. When I went to work noticed they left me a not on the front door. (I live downstairs, front door is upstairs) I was so bummed out :-( I could have installed the kit tomorrow morning. It was mailed out on Saturday.... *SIGH*

seattlecivic
01-27-2004, 03:24 AM
Alright guys, I called Fedex and I told them to hold onto my lights so I can pick it up in person. I'll install them when I get off work. I will take install pics and comparison pics with HID\Halogen... but not sure if I can do that yet. we'll see. :-)

seattlecivic
01-28-2004, 12:12 PM
I don't know why I waited to get HID's... sure its just a light, but man!! They are so nice :-) The Hi beam doesn't make a dramatic difference like I thought it would.. but still good to let someone who flashes me that my high beams are off ;-)

I'll post pics later. Never did it before so gotta figure it out.
If you don't have any HID's buy them. They were easy to install. You will be so happy.

-SeattleCivic

fASTBACK
01-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Awesome....post pics.

seattlecivic
04-28-2010, 08:47 AM
I can't believe I spent like 500 bucks on HID's... times sure are different now... they can be had 1/5 the price. :-)

RedSiBaron
04-28-2010, 09:06 AM
I can't believe I spent like 500 bucks on HID's... times sure are different now... they can be had 1/5 the price. :-)

i was going to say something about bumping a zombie thread, but its ok, it was your OG thread...

its funny how little i spent on all my type r shit 2 years ago and how much more expensive it is now