PDA

View Full Version : quiet exhaust

MiLkBiZzY
01-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Which cat-back exhausts are the quieter ones? Does anyone know?

k20whiteboi269
01-24-2004, 05:50 PM
i dont think my comptech exhaust is that loud.

cHiNoYbOi14
01-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Get a Greddy.

chet
01-24-2004, 06:43 PM
My Thermal R&D isn't anything like any of the ricey fart cans I hear around town. Its deep throaty, and damn quiet.

ep pilot
01-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I think my HKS-Hi-Power is pretty quiet if you run the baffle. It's pretty audible although without the baffle, but not bad.

-Ryan

trabadoo22
01-24-2004, 10:54 PM
If you want quiet the best thing to do I think is to have a shop make a custom 2.25" pipe and keep the stock muffler.

LsVtecStolen
01-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Fujitsubo RM-01A, very nice and clean sounding. Not very loud at all. :D :D :cool:

MiLkBiZzY
01-30-2004, 11:06 PM
i was thinking about getting the 2.25" midpipe done at a shop and then have an aftermarket muffler welded on to that. my question is, is this a good decision if i'm trying to keep things quiet? not completely silent, i just don't want to have a super loud exhaust setup, know what i'm sayin'? what would be a good muffler to get if i did it this way. what would a bigger catalytic converter do for me? would it simply give me more air flow and that's it or what? thanx in advance for any tips guys.

MiLkBiZzY
01-30-2004, 11:10 PM
i was thinking about getting the 2.25" midpipe done at a shop and then have an aftermarket muffler welded on to that. my question is, is this a good decision if i'm trying to keep things quiet? not completely silent, i just don't want to have a super loud exhaust setup, know what i'm sayin'? what would be a good muffler to get if i did it this way. what would a bigger catalytic converter do for me? would it simply give me more air flow and that's it or what? thanx in advance for any tips guys.

MiLkBiZzY
01-30-2004, 11:11 PM

MiLkBiZzY
01-30-2004, 11:12 PM

MiLkBiZzY
01-30-2004, 11:15 PM

MiLkBiZzY
01-30-2004, 11:15 PM

MiLkBiZzY
01-30-2004, 11:20 PM

sleepinEP3
01-31-2004, 04:30 PM
easy on the "submit reply" button.

the noise factor will usually depend on the muffler. if your not for looks just get a midpipe and use your stock axle-back and muffler. our stock muffler flows well enough with the a3, someone said we have the same as the type r.
but if you want a shiny exhaust for looks the rule usually goes like this.
straight-through like HKS, Apexi N1, tanabe are almost always gonna be loud so if you like that style get one with a silencer
mufflers like Thermal, comptech, greddy sp style are always quieter then the rest
if youre gonna get a cheap ricey ebay muffler its usually always gonna be loud and just get worse as time goes by and it deteriorates.

SiR_d1
01-31-2004, 04:34 PM
The Greddy EVO is the most quiet. To some its actually 2 quite, I still remember people saying they didn't know I had an exhaust till they saw it in the back

trabadoo22
01-31-2004, 11:17 PM
A quiet exhaust is pretty much all due to the muffler. With that said the stock muffler I'm guessing is going to be the most quiet since that is what it was designed to do. Going with custom mid-pipe and aftermarket exhaust is pointless to me unless you are just trying to save some money. If you are more into a complete aftermarket exhaust, then I would go with greddy since most people say it is one of the quieter exhausts.

03EP3SiHB
01-31-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by trabadoo22
A quiet exhaust is pretty much all due to the muffler. With that said the stock muffler I'm guessing is going to be the most quiet since that is what it was designed to do. Going with custom mid-pipe and aftermarket exhaust is pointless to me unless you are just trying to save some money. If you are more into a complete aftermarket exhaust, then I would go with greddy since most people say it is one of the quieter exhausts.

Greddy is definitely the better way to go...............Good Luck