PDA

View Full Version : Are my motor mounts shot? sure feels like it of late

ep pilot
01-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Just a few questions about our oem motor mounts.

I think I

civicSIracer
01-24-2004, 08:44 PM
1) How many motor mounts do we have?
2) Which ones usually crack
most of the time its the front. could be any tho
3) Does the cast or metal portion of the mount break or does the rubber in the middle?
the crappy rubber breaks
4) If I

ConeCrazy02
01-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Usually it is the lower rear motor mount, at least that was in my case. Those things are not made of metal (with the exception of the nuts), instead, they're rubber and hard plastic. The crack one that I had was right where the metal nut meets the plastic. The crack looks like it is caused by stress, and it is just a hairline fracture, but it is enough where you can't unscrew the bolt.

When I found out mine was torn, I used like 3 C clamps and vice grip to loosen the bolt, that alone took me about 2 hours.

I think we have 4 MMs, 2 with the long bolt where it is visible from the engine compartment, 1 right under the header covered up by a big metal bracket (Mine cracked), and another behind the fans.

Replace the one that is broken, they cost about 45 bucks. Best bet is to cover it under warranty, maybe you can get them to install your inserts also.

Forgot where I brought my inserts, sorry.

ep pilot
01-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Seriously everyone, my phukin Ep3 is getting me really weak lately. It seems like everything is starting to break down on the car now that I

ep pilot
01-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Can someone tell me if the RSX has the same motor mounts as our car? Or if the RSX-S has the same? If the RSX-S has beefier mounts would they directly fit our car? I mean this is absolutely ridiculous, I mean 160 hp is not that much freaking power. I can think of about a dozen bull-s#$@ cars out that make double that and never have problems with motor mounts **Futrated** with this car augggg!

-Ryan

civicSIracer
01-27-2004, 09:24 PM
why would you want rsx mms?
if your going to do motor mounts do the ES ones..

ConeCrazy02
01-27-2004, 09:42 PM
RSX mounts are the same.

I think the MM can be damage during the assembly process.

Dunrick
01-27-2004, 10:02 PM
the stock inserts in my mounts were basically gone when pax put in the inserts in mine. That might be a problem for ya....

the stock inserts suck...

yellerep3
01-27-2004, 10:26 PM
i know hassport has some full replacment mounst anyone try these, are they better
\

ep pilot
01-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
why would you want rsx mms?
if your going to do motor mounts do the ES ones..

I

ConeCrazy02
01-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Much more expensive, which also cracks. In fact the break apart, thats what I heard from rsx owners. Just careful when installing them, remember to jack up the transmission then tighten the all the nuts/bolts.

oldschoolimport
01-27-2004, 11:34 PM
if you want to check it. get a friend and have them stand to the side of the engine with the hood open, or an enemy and have them stand directly in front of the car, with the hood up. with the parking brake set and the car in first gear, slowly let out on the clutch, til it starts to want to pull. if a mount is torn, the engine will rock, or almost lift up in the engine bay. this also will help to pinpoint exactly which mount is damaged. hope this helps.