PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else note how sensative our car is to extra weight in the car?

ep pilot
01-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Anybody ever notice how when someone bigger than yourself rides in your Ep, the cars weight is totally dominating the passenger side of the car? This is so annoying to me. I really noticed how much it bothered me the other day when I was showing a buddy of mine how well my new springs help the car while rounding a freeway round. I

phatfreeza
01-24-2004, 09:09 PM
i agree... not just in cornering... but the whole drive feels strange when i have a heavy passenger in my car... makes me want to do some weight reduction... :D

Peking
01-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by phatfreeza
i agree... not just in cornering... but the whole drive feels strange when i have a heavy passenger in my car... makes me want to do some weight reduction... :D

Yes, and try racing four deep (along time ago, I have learned my lesson since then).

word...booty
01-25-2004, 08:21 AM
The EP is sensitive to extra weight, but nothing compared to the older model Civics. My first car was a 95 Civic sedan with 102 horsepower...If anybody sat in the back seat, it felt like I was towing a boat.

trk
01-25-2004, 08:24 AM
with the mugen suspension the car no longer feels this way... and even when my 200 pound friends sit in the passenger side there is no dipping, and turning is still flat as can be.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
01-25-2004, 08:50 AM
I'm 350 lbs and don't notice any odd handling.
No doubt my car would be faster with a smaller (similarly skilled) driver.

BlasTech
01-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Look on the bright side, while a heavier, more powerful car will have less negative effects from adding some weight, a lighter less-powerful car will benefit more from weight reduction.

TheMutt
01-25-2004, 10:04 AM
I hate riding with my my skinny friends at all because it makes my car feel slow. The car is a blast to drive but with people in it still, but I can easily tell the difference. As far as through the turns, I haven't noticed that really. Maybe it's because my friends are pretty much all skinny.

VividDreams
01-26-2004, 05:24 PM
my car probably has one of the lightest loads on these boards. im about 115-120lbs dripping wet:D, and no, im not anorexic or anything like that.

eggsi
01-27-2004, 09:06 AM
my ep feels much quicker when its just me. But when i just ONE of my normal sized friends in, it doesn't feel that quick, it pisses me off, last summer i had the entire hatch gutted from the mid cross brace to the sheetmetal on the hatch door, i had it weighed at a truck stop and it was at 2580 lbs not bad for being "2740lbs" stock. And i could really feel a difference with all of that shit out. It had to drop my E.T. , i have the slips from before and after but i haven't got around to digging them out to tell the difference.

Mugen Power
01-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Besides all-out performance, carrying extra people (i.e. dead weight :D ) takes a lot out of my mileage. The needle on my fuel gauge... Drop it like it's hot! :cool:

BlairSpeed
01-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
I'm 350 lbs and don't notice any odd handling.
No doubt my car would be faster with a smaller (similarly skilled) driver.

I have to disagree! If a 150lb'er raced you with same cars, I guarantee he would win. 200lbs makes alot of difference.

eggsi
01-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed
I have to disagree! If a 150lb'er raced you with same cars, I guarantee he would win. 200lbs makes alot of difference.

What are you disagreeing with? he didn't say he would win.

TrippZ
01-27-2004, 03:05 PM
... yeah he said there woould be no doubt his car would be faster if someone lighter was driving with the same skills as him...