PDA

View Full Version : Tein S. Tech Or Eibach Pro Kit

SIck02EP
01-25-2004, 05:32 PM
I PLAN TO USE THE STOCK STRUTS AND I WANT TO DROP IT. ITS A DAILY DRIVER AND I DONT WANNA GET SOMETHING I WILL REGRET LATER. THE PRICE DIFFERANCE ISNT THE ISSUE. BUT I HERE THAT THE TEIN ARENT MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE HATCH. I ONLY WANT 1-1.5" DROP MAX. AND REALLY DONT WANT THE ASS TO SAG........ANY RECOMENDATIONS?

Civicvtec1ps
01-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Happy with Tein s tech springs.
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO USE CAPS??

SIck02EP
01-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Did you use stock struts? and is a chamber kit necessary?

and the caps is just a lazy typing skill... do u prefer lowercase?

Civicvtec1ps
01-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by SIck02EP
Did you use stock struts? and is a chamber kit necessary?

and the caps is just a lazy typing skill... do u prefer lowercase?
Still on oem shocks. No camber kit.

shimmy_yaz
01-25-2004, 08:22 PM
I am on S-tech as well on stock struts with a camber kit. I like them alot and other than my 18's rubbin have no probs.

As for the caps they are considered yelling and quite annoying

icegrill
01-25-2004, 10:16 PM
The teins aren't even made for our car. Just get front rsx-s springs and keep the stock rears. This is a sweet setup, thanks to Suk for the idea. Still retain a quiet ride and have crisp handling as well as ground clearance.

raiyo
01-25-2004, 11:54 PM
I got Tein S-Tech, I would prefer going eith the Pro-Kit instead. Reason is because it is slightly higher, my mid-pipe is scraping when I go in my garage. Also, I'm getting these spring popping noise like the spring isn't seated right, when it is.

DarkSiRacer
01-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Which one will give a stiffer ride? I was told the Pro-kit with the 1" drop was stiffer than the S-tech's

r3p00c
01-26-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by DarkSiRacer
Which one will give a stiffer ride? I was told the Pro-kit with the 1" drop was stiffer than the S-tech's

i have the pro-kits... they are noticeably stiffer than stock. its nothing harsh, but it gives your suspension a more 'tight' feeling. i've heard the s-techs are pretty soft... more for someone who is more about comfort than performance.

SIck02EP
01-26-2004, 08:22 AM
so do the tein really make all the noise and poppins sounds i keep hearing about? i haven't bought them yet but i want to drop it soon. it might be easier to just get the eibach.

DarkSiRacer
01-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Thanx, r3p00c... I was looking for about a 1" drop cuz my driveway is more of a mountain than a hill

02SilverSiHB
01-26-2004, 10:09 AM
I saw the title and thought how drasticlly different those two springs are...
Tein S-Tech...low spring rate, thus less perfermance and really lower than prokit

Prokit...just a tad higher spring rate than stock,, thus a tad more performance and it doesn't drop it that low.

JapanExpress
01-26-2004, 10:19 AM
I DONT WANNA GET SOMETHING I WILL REGRET LATER. THE PRICE DIFFERANCE ISNT THE ISSUE. BUT I HERE THAT THE TEIN ARENT MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE HATCH

there is your answer

EP3inRI
01-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by JapanExpress
there is your answer
I agree with JapanExpress... I think if you went with the Teins, your car might look good, but you'd probably regret not having the performance of a spring made for your car...
I'd go with either the eibach pro-kit or the sportlines... The sportlines would give you a similar drop to the Teins and perform well...

SIck02EP
01-26-2004, 01:45 PM
thanks i just needed someone else to tell me what i allready knew. i think the pro kit it is.

r3p00c
01-26-2004, 07:43 PM
good choice :) trust me, you won't be disappointed.

03EP3SiHB
01-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Eibach is the eversagging spring company, keeps on lowering even if you don't want it to go lower.

DarkSiRacer
01-27-2004, 05:52 PM
03EP3SiHB... How much more does it sag? and For how long?

raiyo
01-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 03EP3SiHB
Eibach is the eversagging spring company, keeps on lowering even if you don't want it to go lower.

by the sound of that, i wish i went with eibach then, heheh. go with pro-kit 1" drop and keep going down, heheh

ep3_civic_si
01-27-2004, 06:30 PM
i have the tein s-tech and yeah i like it very much i'm with stock shocks and no camber and man it rides really smooth me i like that aggressive look but really smooth it's a daily driven so i don't expect to drive aggressive so i like the smoothness and i dont know about u guy's but i dont hear no poppin noises or anything mines perfectly fitted and it doesn't sag either the front is slightly lower kinda like a tilt but it's not noticalble unless u look at it carefully but other then that i dont regret getting teins i love them oh yeah also my alignment place said that it doesn't even need camber kits my rear is only like off by 3/4degree which when i saw is very little well that's my opinion but as i see it ppl have different opinions but me i love the teins

boostedsi0813
01-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Mike(02SilverSiHB) had skunk2 coilovers, Tein lowering springs, and in the end and present Progress lowering springs.

Skunk2- racing only, not good daily driver.
Tein- really low spring rate and really nasty butt sag.
Progress- 2" drop, good spring rate, slight butt sag.

Mike put the Eibach Sportlines on my car. Zero butt sag after almost 4 months.

The springs lower the car about 1.8". The rear springs are insanely agressive in their design. I'm guessing that is why i don't have any butt sag.

Mike compared the handling to the Skunk2 coilovers, and yet the ride quality is superb. It was definitely worth the extra few bucks. The only reason he is still on the Progress is because they are a little lower than the sportlines, but have about 5% lower spring rate. The ride quality of the progress is not as good as the sportlines.

I don't even have a camber kit on my ep. The back has slight neg. camber, but not enough to give me bad tire ware. I can post some pics of my ep on sportlines and 2k2_nbp_egg (progress springs) in a couple of days. I just have to go jack this chic's digital camera from up stairs.

boostedsi0813
01-27-2004, 06:57 PM
ep3_civic_si, that smooth ride is nice right now, but the low spring rate puts more pressure on the shocks instead of the springs. This makes them more prone to bottoming out the shocks, and in the process kills the life on the stock shocks. Its ok if you already have aftermarket shocks or plan on getting some.

audomatik
01-27-2004, 08:43 PM
i've had my tein s techs on my car about 9000 miles. rides just like day one. and NO rear sag. a little bit of uneven tire wear but nothing to really worry about. ive hit plenty of big potholes on city streets and on the highway, no problems. of course the strut bottoms out but, that'll happen on any sudden impact. i say for the price, why not go for the teins.

r3p00c... greg you rode in my car, come on nah

r3p00c
01-28-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
i've had my tein s techs on my car about 9000 miles. rides just like day one. and NO rear sag. a little bit of uneven tire wear but nothing to really worry about. ive hit plenty of big potholes on city streets and on the highway, no problems. of course the strut bottoms out but, that'll happen on any sudden impact. i say for the price, why not go for the teins.

r3p00c... greg you rode in my car, come on nah

you're just jealous of my springs, and angry that you bought the teins.. admit it dude, its okay. haha... you know i thought your car rode very nice, and i'm not cuttin on it at all... you know what i mean though, teins are a softer ride, not bouncy or anything, while the eibachs are going to be a little stiffer. the drop is really nice too... i just wanted to go with a set that was specifically made for the ep and didn't need a camber kit.

STP03BlueSI
01-28-2004, 01:23 PM
I have Tein S-Tech. No nasty butt sag, and it is a daily driver for 40+miles a day.:D