PDA

View Full Version : How many EP3 variations are there?

enecks
01-25-2004, 08:05 PM
I was just reading an older thread about CTR gauge clusters in the interior forum, and I began to wonder just how many different versions of our car exist. Let's discount the various 'base' and 'type S' ep3s and focus on the 'sporty' 3-door models. So let's see:

02-03 Si
04 Si
02-03 SiR
04 SiR
02-03 JDM Type R
04 JDM Type R
02-03 UKDM Type R
04 UKDM Type R
02-03 Euro Type R
04 Euro Type R

Then there's the 30th anniversary editions; how many of those were there? Separate UK, Euro, and JDM models I suppose?

Would it not make a lot more fiscal sense to have all the cars the bloody same? I mean, really, Honda. Not taking into account the 04 changes, there's at least 6 rather distinct models. That means the development costs were far more than if there were only one model. And that means we have to pay more! Sure there are the various practical differences (LHD vs RHD and the units of the speedometer), but beyond that, why not just tune everything for US spec? And by that, I refer to safety spec, because Honda obviously has no problems with emissions. But instead, they build 6 different cars! I mean, does it really make sense to have the K20A in one car, the K20A2 in others, and the K20A3 in still others? Nay; one engine would keep things nice and simple. There's a lot more to be said, and my arguments have huge gaping holes to be sure; but alas, i have become distracted and must go. so..discuss!

Stoop
01-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Holy crap!!! I never even thought how many different ones are out there. The thought never even crossed my mind. Good point about the variations. I think there's only one way to solve this dilemma that Honda has: Bring us the CTR!!!!

(:confused: Note: Mugen_EP, I didn't make this comment to start more CTR rumors/threads/crap. Please don't ban me, mighty moderator:'(. [Ducks down with hands over head awaiting punishment]):D :D

Siman
01-26-2004, 09:12 AM
isnt the UKDM type-r and the Euro type-r the same thing? and the UKDM type-r have the option of having the 30th anv. with the UKDM?:rolleyes: i am confused!!!

Finger
01-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Siman
isnt the UKDM type-r and the Euro type-r the same thing? and the UKDM type-r have the option of having the 30th anv. with the UKDM?:rolleyes: i am confused!!!

Well, they don't even drive on the same side....;)

enecks
01-26-2004, 10:45 AM
the euro type R also seems to have oddly placed HVAC controls; they're above the radio istead of vertically placed to the side like ours.