PDA

View Full Version : how hard to installa brand new tachometer with external shift light???

speedking604
01-25-2004, 10:19 PM
i just purchase a tachometer with external shift light. i wounder how hard to install them>?? what kind of tools do i need to do this? where do i connect all the wiring? if i can't do it, is there anyplace where i can ask them to install it for me?? how much does it cost to install them>??i really need help. my tachometer is coming soon.

Civicvtec1ps
01-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Why do you need another tachometer?
Stock ones arent too bad ;)

speedking604
01-26-2004, 12:06 AM
i know the stock is good but i want the one with shift light. aftermarket one is better. with a indiglo and shift light. it's very nice.i will post picture once i figure how to install them. beside i'm still waiting for it. this tachometer with shift light is nice. if i install the new one. does my stock still work. i mean both of them will work at same time??? please help on installing......

civicracer1128
02-08-2004, 10:58 AM
stock will still work. and yes the aftermarket one WILL be more accurate. i have an autometer lunar tach in my car and the install is easy. if you go to K-series.com and look at the shift light install its exactly the same wire to tap. very easy. im also considering selling my tach if your interested. i need some $$ for an amp. PM me if you want it.

speedking604
02-08-2004, 07:04 PM
actually, i already order one and it's ready to pick up tommorow. if you've just reply sooner then i should have buy yours. sorry men.... anyway, what else do you have on sale???i have 2002 SIR and if you have some other parts onsale i might be interested.

civicracer1128
02-09-2004, 10:37 PM
hey, probibly too late but i have a headunit as well. pioneer deh-p6300 i might be upgrading soon. let me know if your interested. also about the tach if you want it. PM me.

speedking604
02-09-2004, 10:45 PM
i have my unit upgrade already. i'm interested in buying radar detector. mid-pipe 2.25" size. intake and strut bar or even headers. if you have one of this send me picture. i'm also interested on buying indash monitor where i can plug for ps2.

heres my e-mail add
speedking2002@whooshnet.com

heres my ride
http://www.geocities.com/speedking604