PDA

View Full Version : Brake lights failure

Dunrick
01-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, I was trying to hookup my CTR replica wing led brake light, and everything was going smooth. It worked, then I closed the hatch, and then no brake lines work. I have made sure all the links are ok. It is not making sense. My brake lights on the tails do not work, nor the wing. They do however when I put on the hazard lights...and the running lights work when the lights are on. Makes no sense. One of you techy guys can hopefully give me a new route to take, thanks I appreciate it.

Spazhead
01-26-2004, 11:15 AM
You have a short to ground, probably burnt the fuse, check fuse box. then recheck all your connections for cross connections or bare wire.

good luck

i think there was a wiring diagrm on one of the forums here, do a search for "fog lights"

Dunrick
01-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks, I was thinking that. Would the hazards still work though? They lightup the brake lights....thats why I didn't go that route w/ the fuse box.

andy
01-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
Thanks, I was thinking that. Would the hazards still work though? They lightup the brake lights....thats why I didn't go that route w/ the fuse box.

Check your fuses and also the relay, if we have one in our cars.
My old S-10 drove me crazy one week - the rear drivers side light
would come on with the hazards and turn light, but not brakes/headlights. It was the relay.

Dunrick
01-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by andy
Check your fuses and also the relay, if we have one in our cars.
My old S-10 drove me crazy one week - the rear drivers side light
would come on with the hazards and turn light, but not brakes/headlights. It was the relay.

good deal, thx

Dunrick
01-31-2004, 09:16 AM
Turns out it was a 15 fuse. We must have hooked up the wrong color wires. Ooooooooops

Thanks for the help guys (Andy).

Payce
Davey CroCkeTt