PDA

View Full Version : D2 Racing 36 Way Adjustable Coilovers

FckdUpPup
01-26-2004, 01:14 PM
D2 Racing (http://www.d2racing.com.tw) has full coilovers for our EP3. Urban Import (http://www.urbanimport.com) will be carrying them in about a month. I called today about the Hayame full coilovers and he told me they will only fit with modification. He also said the D2's will fit perfectly and will be priced below $1000 and probably in the range of $700. I can't wait. Here they are:

http://www.d2racing.com.tw/images/absorber/racing/racing.jpg
http://www.d2racing.com.tw/images/absorber/racing/racing-2.jpg
http://www.d2racing.com.tw/images/absorber/racing/HONDA-racing/EP3_ES1.JPG

Doug

2fastcivic
01-26-2004, 01:45 PM
yea they told me the same thing when i called in to order the hayame coilover for my brother's rsx. damn wish they made the hayame for the si too. the ride and handling to pretty good for the price range.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
01-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Those look nice...a little faggy on the color...but nice.
I doubt they'll be $700.
If they are...they'll be on my car.

DavidT
01-26-2004, 02:16 PM
$700 for a full coilover set? That seems alittle low...but if that's the price. I'm with Adam, I'll have a set on my car.

FckdUpPup
01-26-2004, 02:24 PM
The Hayame's are $650 shipped for the RSX and 01-03 civic. They have actually been given really good reviews. Check in the suspension section. $700 for 36 way adjustables is a great deal for the D2's. I think they will be in the price range Urban Import said.

513n179
01-26-2004, 02:48 PM
all i know is you get what you pay for.. i bought a set of full coilovers for my last car that ran me about $550 new, that normally went for $800-$900. the shocks were gone after a year. i don't know what the quality is like on these ones for the EP, but i would never buy a brand that i didn't know anything about.

FckdUpPup
01-26-2004, 06:35 PM
I agree you do get what you pay for and proper needs to be done before someone gets them. The Hayame's were only $650 shipped and they are very good. You even get more than with the Tein Basics. Sometimes you can find those good deals and get alot for less money.

Some might think of me as cheap . I am not , I just want the best deal for a quality product. Man I am only 25 and always look for bargains lol ;)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
01-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by FckdUpPup
I agree you do get what you pay for and proper needs to be done before someone gets them. The Hayame's were only $650 shipped and they are very good. You even get more than with the Tein Basics. Sometimes you can find those good deals and get alot for less money.

Some might think of me as cheap . I am not , I just want the best deal for a quality product. Man I am only 25 and always look for bargains lol ;)

Age has nothing to do with it, and being "cheap" is a good quality IMO. I sure as hell am cheap. Shit, look at all the mods I have and I haven't spent a dime on my car when your work it all out....haha.

Cheap> definition> see ADAMnQuickCIVIC

FckdUpPup
01-26-2004, 07:17 PM
I wasn't cheap when I was younger, but since I've been working I feel my hard earned money should be well spent. Anyone else a cheapo ?

BlasTech
01-26-2004, 07:24 PM
I relented for months and haggled about 10 vendors to get a deal on my JICs. I have money, but I hate to spend it on myself. :angel:

raph
01-27-2004, 11:35 AM
D2 Racing products are made in Taiwan. Maybe that is why it's full coilover kits are under $1000.

FckdUpPup
01-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by raph
D2 Racing products are made in Taiwan. Maybe that is why it's full coilover kits are under $1000.

Are you implying that they are cheap because they are from Taiwan ? Not sure how to take what you said.

YooShin
01-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Are you implying that they are cheap because they are from Taiwan ? Not sure how to take what you said.

Low cost of goods manufactured. The only way we learn about what works and doesn't work for our cars is to take a calculated risk and give it try. Don't be skeerd, go for them. Color is not too bad. Cool Avitar. Alien vs. Preditor comes out in Augusthttp://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/

4g63dsm
01-27-2004, 11:48 PM
so i assume 36 way mean you can adjust the dampening too? sweet.

hernameis?
03-02-2004, 09:51 AM
so has anyone heard anyhting else about these? Im gonna need a new setup here shortly and these arent looking too bad

icegrill
03-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
so i assume 36 way mean you can adjust the dampening too? sweet.

For that price you would expect them to be 39 way adustables, 36 thats just whack! :D

jaydub
03-02-2004, 09:56 AM
I don't know how they can say that the Hayames would require modification to fit, because AFAIK nobody has tried them yet. The only mod I can think of is that the mounting holes on the hub assembly are 16mm on the EP3, and they're 14mm on the EM2. If you got the RSX setup, you would have to modify some things in the rear suspension though.

yellerep3
03-02-2004, 10:45 AM
r these out yet the d2's, anyone have a link to the web site

jaydub
03-02-2004, 12:47 PM
I emailed D2 to ask about spring rates and what the 32 way adjustability entails... unfortunately they are in Taiwan so I'm not sure they'll have any clue wtf I'm talking about.

trk
03-02-2004, 12:57 PM
I dont know about any of the coilovers for our car that take the front spring diameter from 8" or so down to the dinky 3-4" diameter of the back suspension. Just seems wrong to me. These and the KWs for example.

FckdUpPup
03-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Last I talked to urban import they told me a month. A month from when this thread was started by me. SO I think they should be out now. I plan on getting these by the end of march. Waiting for a check. I will be the guinea pig.

Doug

jaydub
03-02-2004, 02:08 PM
i wanna be the guinea pig for the Hayames, but I'm not saving money as fast as I would like. :D

FckdUpPup
03-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Yea man I wanted to get the Hayame's and had the money for them , but when I called they told me that they would not fit. That goes for the RSX annd Coupe variants. I was pissed to say the least but he told me about the D2's so I will probably get them, but I change my mind on car stuff everyday.

yellerep3
03-02-2004, 06:35 PM
so is it the haymes or the d2s thats coming for the ep3, or is it the same thing.

jaydub
03-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by yellerep3
so is it the haymes or the d2s thats coming for the ep3, or is it the same thing.
Totally different companies.

Did UrbanImport give you any details about what won't fit on the EP3 from the Coupe models? IIRC, the Tein SS setup for the EM2 fits the EP3 just fine, so I'm curious how the Hayame could be any different. :\

yellerep3
03-02-2004, 08:45 PM
ok, so are the d2s out yet, or are we still waiting?

jaydub
03-02-2004, 11:24 PM
I got a preliminary Email back from D2 in taiwan.

----- Original Message -----
To: Jason R. Wallace
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: D2 Racing Coilovers for EP3

Dear Mr. Jason R. Wallace:

Thanks for your e-mail and have interested in D2 products, the in current use spring rate for Honda Civic EP3 is F-9 R-7, also the pillowball top mounts is only available for Front. You can check with our webside as www.d2racingsport.com to get more information. May I ask where is your location, we have distributors in different country, you may contact with our distributor, too. Thank you

Have a nice day

Maggie H. Chi
FuBu Auto Parts Company
D2 Racing Sport Company
www.d2racingsport.com
----- Original Message -----
To: d2-racing@umail.hinet.net
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 3:33 AM
Subject: D2 Racing Coilovers for EP3

Many of us are interested in the coilovers you have for the Honda Civic EP3. Could you forward any information regarding spring rates and the type of adjustability?

Thanks.

Jason R. Wallace
www.dubfusion.com

jaydub
03-03-2004, 12:12 AM
part two of the email.

Dear Sir:

We have distributor in East Coast and West Coast of USA, the contact information as follow:

East Coast : Urban Import Company
Contact Person: Mr. Michael
Contact Tel : 919-968-9128
www.urbanimport.com

West Coast : MMotorsports Company
Contact Person: Mr. Steven
Contact Tel : 323-306-1006

FckdUpPup
03-03-2004, 11:30 AM
I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to call Urban Import. Good to know they are distributing them already. Last I spoke with them they told me the price would be around $700. Hope it stays that way. As far as the Hayame's go , UI told me they wouldn't fit. Give them a call if you'd like;

Ph: 919.383.4605

Doug

UPDATE 3/03/04 1:33pm-----------------------------------------

Just spoke with Urban Import. They will have these in two weeks. Waiting for them to clear customs. He guaranteed me the price would be $800 or lower. Probably in the $750-$800 range. I also invited him to check out this board and maybe get some group buys going.

yellerep3
03-03-2004, 04:32 PM
i dunno, 750-800 range, now your in tein range, you guys think if they are like 800 the teins are a better choice, i dont know how good d2s are, i've had teins before in my ek and I remember feeling like i was on rails. these are 36 way adjustable tho.

FckdUpPup
03-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Yea bro I hear ya. I see the Tein Basics as some good shocks with threaded coilovers. Of course if you step up they are better but more expensive. The D2's are 36 way adjustable and come with the front top mounts. For <$800 I see it as a great deal. I will probably be the test monkey for these. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Doug

4g63dsm
03-03-2004, 11:14 PM
sweet keep us updated, i might be next to get these. wait they are made specifically for our car right not the em2?

FckdUpPup
03-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Yes they are made for our car. We are just good like that:cool:

jaydub
03-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Just because I'm curious (and not that I don't trust UI, because I know they're good guys) I emailed Hayame directly to find out about the possibility of using the EM2 setup, or whether they could create an EP3 setup from the parts they have. If they took the EM2 parts and used the RSX springs, it'd be a great setup.

yellerep3
03-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Yea bro I hear ya. I see the Tein Basics as some good shocks with threaded coilovers. Of course if you step up they are better but more expensive. The D2's are 36 way adjustable and come with the front top mounts. For <$800 I see it as a great deal. I will probably be the test monkey for these. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Doug

when do you plan on getting these>?

UrbanImport
03-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Hey guys, this is Michael from Urban Import.

Comparing this to the Tein Basic is like comparing apples to oranges. The Tein Basic is just that, a basic strut with height adjustbable sleeve. Nothing wrong with that but it is basically the same thing as putting an adjustable coilover sleeve on a set of aftermarket struts. The thing that sets D2 coilovers apart from Tein Basics:
36 way adjustability
Pillowball top mounts
Custom spring rates

As far as those of you that are concerned about the quality of the product because of the country of manurfacture I assure you these are high quality. I didn't just jump into buying 100+ sets of a product I wasn't familiar with. I did my research. I wouldn't want to have to deal with the headaches that come with selling a possibly low quality product that would get nothing but complaints and returns. You would also be suprised by the # of products from big name brands that are lababled as made in Japan but are really made in Taiwan.

Makross
03-04-2004, 02:28 PM
so whats the price on these coilovers?

UrbanImport
03-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Makross
so whats the price on these coilovers?

I can't give an exact figure right now I'm still waiting to see exactly what shipping and customs is going to cost us. It shouldn't be more than $800 but probably close.

yellerep3
03-04-2004, 02:39 PM
ok then im waiting on you urban

jaydub
03-04-2004, 02:46 PM
michael - Any comments about why the hayames won't fit the EP3, aside from the difference in the hub mounting bolts? I know the EM2 used 14mm and the EP3 uses 16mm, but other than that, can you think of any reason it wouldn't fit?

Thanks for your time. :)

FckdUpPup
03-04-2004, 06:49 PM
when do you plan on getting these>?

I should have my check by the 28th of this month so around then. Not sure if I spoke with Michael today but I did speak with one of you guys at UI. Told him to check out this site. Real cool guys over there. Honest and upfront.

I emailed Hayame a while back and got no reply from them.

Doug

VNlilMAN
03-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
michael - Any comments about why the hayames won't fit the EP3, aside from the difference in the hub mounting bolts? I know the EM2 used 14mm and the EP3 uses 16mm, but other than that, can you think of any reason it wouldn't fit?

Thanks for your time. :)
thats the only difference... well that and spring rates.. I believe the si's use the same as rsx's

halos02Si
03-14-2004, 08:45 PM
wow i was so set on the tein basics but after reading these couple of posts im willing to give these a try....i might possibly be ordering these as soon as pricing info is confirmed

its time to drop my 4x4 :'(

Blackapino85
03-15-2004, 12:29 AM
any news?

phatfreeza
03-15-2004, 02:06 AM
yay! more suspension options for us! :) and a reasonably priced one to bat!

yellerep3
03-15-2004, 04:57 PM
what happened, anyone tried these out, i need ta change my suspension bad, my car feels like shit!

jaydub
03-15-2004, 05:08 PM
what happened, anyone tried these out, i need ta change my suspension bad, my car feels like shit!

haha I feel your pain! :D

FckdUpPup
03-15-2004, 06:01 PM
we are still waiting for a finalized price

halos02Si
03-16-2004, 11:29 PM
bump to the top......any word on these yet? i hope the price stays around that price range....im really interested :D

fASTBACK
03-16-2004, 11:50 PM
This is an awesome price range for this product description. I have never heard of D2 before but we'll see. Someone pick this up and do a complete review. This set up looks nice. I was set on the JICS but 1,800 OWNS!! Hope these D2's are awesome. They look good no matter the color. Bump.

yellerep3
03-17-2004, 04:07 PM
yeah, i hope they are pretty good too, because i had my heart set on some tein type flex, but for the price with these you cant go wrong, plus i drive a lot, so i wouldnt feel so bad riding around on these since they are like 1000 less. someone get these.

madbrain
03-17-2004, 08:04 PM
bump

Siman
03-18-2004, 09:27 AM
I have heard of them, same scenario with Hayame coilovers...

I love the color! the purple is badass!

Form Follows Function though heheheheheh

I am torn between the two now! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:D

FckdUpPup
03-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Ok I just got off the phone with Urban Umport.
----They will be out on the 24th of March

----Price will be $800 shipped

----They are setting up a Vendor Group Buy

That's the latest guys. I have a training from the end of march to April 2nd so hopefully when I get back I could get these and have them installed.

Doug

pLopSI
03-18-2004, 12:26 PM
wow.... that's an awesome price. I'd consider being in that groupbuy, but i don't wanna take my chances with this setup unless i read some good reviews about them.

halos02Si
03-18-2004, 12:26 PM
wow groupbuy huh.....well you can count me in for that price

BlairSpeed
03-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
I have money, but I hate to spend it on myself. :angel:
You can always spend it on me!!!!:D

ntonyazn
03-18-2004, 04:14 PM
count me in for the group buy

Siman
03-18-2004, 04:34 PM
me too! if i get a job....:(

halos02Si
03-18-2004, 05:05 PM
hey i just got off the phone with urban imports as well and he told me that hes expecting them atleast by the 26th but might possibly start the group buy a couple of days earlier.....whoooohoo i cant wait.....im way down for the group buy......well lets bump this one to the top :D

fASTBACK
03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by halos02Si
hey i just got off the phone with urban imports as well and he told me that hes expecting them atleast by the 26th but might possibly start the group buy a couple of days earlier.....whoooohoo i cant wait.....im way down for the group buy......well lets bump this one to the top :D

Awesome price. So $800.00 shipped is the regular price right?...A group buy price would be cheaper correct? This product looks good. I want to learn more about it.

Bump.

FckdUpPup
03-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Yea this is going to be good. Great price, cool guys to talk to (Urban Import), and they will definately definately fit :D Once I get my friggin check I will be purchasing these.

Hey Breandly if we both get these, we should meet up and take pics of our cars and the various drops we can do .

Doug

halos02Si
03-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by fASTBACK
Awesome price. So $800.00 shipped is the regular price right?...A group buy price would be cheaper correct? This product looks good. I want to learn more about it.

Bump.

i believe that the price is a bit higher than that and the group buy price he mentioned to me should be between 775 - 800 shipped, but dont quote me on that...lets just wait and see what he says when he posts the group buy....he told me he might be posting group buy info tonight or tomorrow, but just keep your eye on the thread

Yea this is going to be good. Great price, cool guys to talk to (Urban Import), and they will definately definately fit :D Once I get my friggin check I will be purchasing these.

Hey Breandly if we both get these, we should meet up and take pics of our cars and the various drops we can do .

Doug

yea thats cool, just let me know when you get yours installed and we can work a day out to take some pics

-Breandly