PDA

View Full Version : I know I-Vtech...Do you?

STP03BlueSI
01-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Sorry had to post it

Peking
01-26-2004, 04:07 PM
That's what you were telling me about last night. Now everyone who rides with you Chris will know :D

Si4U2NV
01-26-2004, 04:15 PM
SOMETHING CORPORATE!!

YOU KICK ASS MAN!!!

(i dont like the emblem place-age...hehe... could work but not RIGHT there...)

:tongue:

-Mike

Civicvtec1ps
01-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Take it off.

SilverEpInDc
01-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Not my taste but its ok!

Zigen5
01-26-2004, 05:00 PM
1 word, RiCE.... :eek: :D

yellerep3
01-26-2004, 05:41 PM
i think theres a dead animal or something on your dash man.

r3p00c
01-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Take it off.

i second that motion... :p

shimmy_yaz
01-26-2004, 08:47 PM
I think it would look cooler right above the shifter.

k20hatch
01-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Take it off.

I 3rd that motion!

yellerep3
01-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
I 3rd that motion!

4th it, and that animal on the dash.

chubbychu
01-26-2004, 09:29 PM
where did you get that emblem? i think it would look nice in the engine bay

ep3hatchattack
01-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Geez......... easy on him guys, its all his choice you know.........

*coughs* Fifth the motion :)

Peking
01-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
Geez......... easy on him guys, its all his choice you know.........

*coughs* Fifth the motion :)

LMAO :D

Civicvtec1ps
01-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
where did you get that emblem? i think it would look nice in the engine bay
Cf engine cover with ivtec emblem..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pf9340f1deface9e23f8d918b270f3666/fc0bd158.jpg

Mugen Power
01-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Sorry had to post it

Man, it's VTEC , NOT VTECH! It even says so on your emblem! :yellm:

SiR_d1
01-26-2004, 10:19 PM
yeah VTECH makes phones

mrfixit687
01-26-2004, 10:52 PM
its funny how you stick it on there when our a3 engines dont have ivtec

Civicvtec1ps
01-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
Heh yup.

Pradamuimui
01-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
yeah VTECH makes phones

DAMN YOU GUYS...you beat me to it. I couldnt wait to say something when he has the title as I Know VTECH..do you? Obviously you don't know Vtec, because you can't even spell it. If you know Vtech you know the company that makes phones!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

audomatik
01-26-2004, 11:03 PM

you're joking right?

anyways... i say take it off and put it somewhere else. and the dash mat??!?!?! what were you thinking?

k20hatch
01-26-2004, 11:05 PM

lol

civicracer1128
01-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
SOMETHING CORPORATE!!

YOU KICK ASS MAN!!!

-Mike

i second that...........something corporate is one of my favorite bands right up there with the get up kids and hot water music. but really....i dont know if you have the cd (leaving through the window) that came before that but if you dont buy it. its unbelievable. by far my favorite.

mrfixit687
01-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by audomatik
you're joking right?

anyways... i say take it off and put it somewhere else. and the dash mat??!?!?! what were you thinking?

no im not, our vtec is an economical vtec, so basically under 2200 rpms(fergot) it is a 12 valve 4 cylinder engine and then after that the vtec activates and its a normal 16 valve engine, we dont have any high cams cross over point, i dont remember where to find that link where the guy explains it, maybe someone else can help me out

oldschoolimport
01-27-2004, 01:04 AM
at least it is not as bad as that guy in high school. he took a pocket knife and cut a SQUARE in the dash above the glove box in his mustang, He then wedged a blue OVAL ford emblem in the SQUARE hole. that WAS rice.:D

STP03BlueSI
01-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
SOMETHING CORPORATE!!

YOU KICK ASS MAN!!!

-Mike

Yes something Corporate does kick ass. Seen them everytime they come to the Tampa bay area.

I didnt notice i spelled it wrong...my bad..:(

And last that is my Dash mat, i live in Florida, and my car is parked outside 24/7 and i dont have a sunshade yet so it protects my dash from Dust and having cracks later on.;)

r3p00c
01-27-2004, 06:30 AM
no im not, our vtec is an economical vtec, so basically under 2200 rpms(fergot) it is a 12 valve 4 cylinder engine and then after that the vtec activates and its a normal 16 valve engine, we dont have any high cams cross over point, i dont remember where to find that link where the guy explains it, maybe someone else can help me out

you have it backwards... our engines have i-vtec, which is the 2200 rpm changeover. we lack the real vtec, which is the agressive cam change at around 5500 rpms. the rsx, tsx, ctr, itr, etc have BOTH i-vtec and the original vtec crossover, while cars like the ep, crv, element only have i-vtec. hope that helps you...

eggsi
01-27-2004, 08:48 AM
STOP THE PAIN, TAKE IT OFF

:'(

j/k

mrfixit687
01-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by r3p00c
you have it backwards... our engines have i-vtec, which is the 2200 rpm changeover. we lack the real vtec, which is the agressive cam change at around 5500 rpms. the rsx, tsx, ctr, itr, etc have BOTH i-vtec and the original vtec crossover, while cars like the ep, crv, element only have i-vtec. hope that helps you...

its actually i-vtec-e

bratkat64
01-27-2004, 03:24 PM
= / I weep for your car. Sorry chris...

audomatik
01-27-2004, 06:38 PM
its actually i-vtec-e

dude... do me a favor. go outside. stand looking at the side of your car. look towards the back wheel, see that silver or black sticker? what does it read? i seem to forget since i took mine off. ah yes, it says i-vtec... not i-vtec-e or whatever the hell you just made up. seriously.

k20hatch
01-27-2004, 06:42 PM
dude... do me a favor. go outside. stand looking at the side of your car. look towards the back wheel, see that silver or black sticker? what does it read? i seem to forget since i took mine off. ah yes, it says i-vtec... not i-vtec-e or whatever the hell you just made up. seriously.

LoL haha...Mabey he had the "only" car with i-vtec-e..Its a specciall car!

audomatik
01-27-2004, 06:45 PM
or maybe he got conned into buying an insight or civic hybrid with an si emblem on it... haha

icegrill
01-27-2004, 07:09 PM
No haven't you guys seen around the manifold cover where it says in paranthesis not the real vtec it's a gayer version, sorry Sincerely Honda Corporation:rolleyes:

shimmy_yaz
01-27-2004, 08:49 PM
wow there are some really dumb comments in this thread

mrfixit687
01-27-2004, 09:03 PM

here i found the thread, read this

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=108177&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

audomatik
01-27-2004, 09:59 PM
basically that guy made some opinions about our engine. when has an si engine ever been tuned for "economy" and not performance? he threw in some big words and pretty pictures. and he "defined" the different versions of vtec too... so basically he bullshitted abou the whole thing. calling our vtec half-assed is crap. its still variable valve timing, just on the intake side only. i really don't think this thread needs to be jacked to distinguish what vtec we have. if you're unsure, which you shouldn't be, call you local honda dealer or call honda usa... see which one laughs the least and then proceed to ask them about it. oh and mention the thread with all the pretty pictures and be sure to mention, "i read on the internet..."

Vertigo
01-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Children..Children! Are we arguing over the vtec issue again?

BTW: Take it off!

KimchiBoy_TypeR
01-27-2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah take that Mother fucker off!!!!:mad: And replace it with a GTR emblem;) j/k

mrfixit687
01-27-2004, 11:36 PM
basically that guy made some opinions about our engine. when has an si engine ever been tuned for "economy" and not performance? he threw in some big words and pretty pictures. and he "defined" the different versions of vtec too... so basically he bullshitted abou the whole thing. calling our vtec half-assed is crap. its still variable valve timing, just on the intake side only. i really don't think this thread needs to be jacked to distinguish what vtec we have. if you're unsure, which you shouldn't be, call you local honda dealer or call honda usa... see which one laughs the least and then proceed to ask them about it. oh and mention the thread with all the pretty pictures and be sure to mention, "i read on the internet..."

hey you can be in denial all you want, i showed you the thread where the guy shows us pictures of how the mechanism in our si is and how its different from the real vtec system of the rsx-s, all you have is "since when is an si motor tuned for economy", watever im tired of arguing, believe what you want to believe

audomatik
01-27-2004, 11:48 PM
way to jack a thread

well, i decided to google a k20a3 i-vtec si query. came up with some interesting stuff. we do have the same mechanism as the i-vtece, but the only way its the same is the way it actuates the other valve. but both systems are different.

as stated by Peking on a ClubRSX.com post...

VTEC (Variable Timing and Lift Electronic Control)
The Si's VTEC system uses two roller arms per pair of intake valves. During low-rpm operation, intake air is drawn almost exclusively through the primary intake valve, thereby creating a very strong swirl effect to maximize combustion. At higher rpm, the secondary rocker arm engages the primary roller, opening both intake valves for the same lift and duration, substantially increasing airflow into the cylinder and boosting performance.

basically it uses a similar mechanism but in different ways. i-vtece utilizing it for fuel economy and the i-vtec utilizing it for air flow and performance.

so we're both right in a sense... except for the fact our car is not I-VTECe :p

STP03BlueSI
01-28-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by KimchiBoy_TypeR
Yeah take that Mother fucker off!!!!:mad: And replace it with a GTR emblem;) j/k

LMAO GTR ;)

yellerep3
01-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI [/B]

I think a nismo emblem would look better
;)

Peking
01-28-2004, 08:38 AM
well, i decided to google a k20a3 i-vtec si query. came up with some interesting stuff. we do have the same mechanism as the i-vtece, but the only way its the same is the way it actuates the other valve. but both systems are different.
as stated by Peking on a ClubRSX.com post...
VTEC (Variable Timing and Lift Electronic Control)
The Si's VTEC system uses two roller arms per pair of intake valves. During low-rpm operation, intake air is drawn almost exclusively through the primary intake valve, thereby creating a very strong swirl effect to maximize combustion. At higher rpm, the secondary rocker arm engages the primary roller, opening both intake valves for the same lift and duration, substantially increasing airflow into the cylinder and boosting performance.
basically it uses a similar mechanism but in different ways. i-vtece utilizing it for fuel economy and the i-vtec utilizing it for air flow and performance.
so we're both right in a sense... except for the fact our car is not I-VTECe :p

I posted that a while back on clubrsx.com Cool it came up on a google search :D Also you are right. No need to argue about this, it is I-Vtec. Just our cams are milder than the A2.