PDA

View Full Version : Installed my Typhoon today

Hondatech
09-25-2002, 06:29 PM
Get my polished K&N Typhoon intake today. Good fit, nice quality. Love the sound. You can actually hear the VTEC shift when it opens all the intake valves now. That'd be worth it right there :D

I'm also starting to believe all this stuff about the intake being the secret to K series power improvments. The ol' butt dyno sez that intake did SOMETHING right...

Too bad the real dyno around here costs $240 canadian for three runs....

HondaMan
09-25-2002, 06:53 PM
Congrats...good choice! :)

Got pics?

I-4Si
09-25-2002, 07:01 PM
I've got my eye on a red one. I want to add a little splash of color under the hood. Just have to get my temporary move to
Tampa out of the way before I do it. At least I won't be commuting I-4 anymore. I would also like to see some numbers from a dyno on these. I'll pass on the butt dyno numbers:D

JSIR
09-25-2002, 07:01 PM
I installed my Typhoon recently and have been driving it for a week, I went with a silver pipe, looks good since my car is silver. I hope to dyno it this Saturday. It feels like a huge difference on my setup since I have a header and midpipe upgrade. My vtec transition can actually be felt now, almost like the old b-series type of vtec transition. I've driven a Civic SiR with just an intake and it didn't feel anywhere near as strong as my car. So I think this intake has finally made the other mods work, since the header and mid-pipe didn't show any gains on their own. I think the combination of the three mods should show a decent gain. crossing my fingers.

The parts included in the Typhoon kit are top notch, they did a good job putting it together.

esmith13
09-25-2002, 07:10 PM
I thought the Typhoon was great too....

You should hear/feel the ride after you throw a Thermal Stealth Catback on after that!!

I freakin' LOVE the power my car has now!!!!

You can chirp 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!!! (on stock shitty tires)

Not that chirping is actually good to do, but it's a fair sign of torque/power increase!!

Now I just need that HP Racing header and some springs and I'll be good for a while.....
:D

Enjoy the Typhoon, I know I do!

HondaMan
09-25-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by I-4Si
I've got my eye on a red one. I want to add a little splash of color under the hood. Just have to get my temporary move to
Tampa out of the way before I do it. At least I won't be commuting I-4 anymore. I would also like to see some numbers from a dyno on these. I'll pass on the butt dyno numbers:D

Check out pics of my red Typhoon. I'm in St. Pete right now and flying back to Portland tomorrow out of Tampa. I would like to move here if I can find a job. I'm getting laid off soon and moving back to the South. You know of any jobs related to Manufacturing or Project Management (please PM me if you do)?

2sloSi
09-25-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
I installed my Typhoon recently and have been driving it for a week, I went with a silver pipe, looks good since my car is silver. I hope to dyno it this Saturday. It feels like a huge difference on my setup since I have a header and midpipe upgrade. My vtec transition can actually be felt now, almost like the old b-series type of vtec transition. I've driven a Civic SiR with just an intake and it didn't feel anywhere near as strong as my car. So I think this intake has finally made the other mods work, since the header and mid-pipe didn't show any gains on their own. I think the combination of the three mods should show a decent gain. crossing my fingers.

The parts included in the Typhoon kit are top notch, they did a good job putting it together.

JSIR, i hope you get the numbers ur lookin for on the dyno on saturday! I know you were having trouble without the intake, anyways good luck!

I-4Si
09-25-2002, 08:20 PM
HM,
Don't know of any....but if I do I'll pass them your way. Red intake looks sweet.

JSIR
09-25-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by 2sloSi

JSIR, i hope you get the numbers ur lookin for on the dyno on saturday! I know you were having trouble without the intake, anyways good luck!

thanks bud !, I think the intake is the missing part of the equation, so we shall see. My butt dyno says its a big difference, we will just have to see though.

TEKBRAIN
09-25-2002, 10:49 PM
Intake = more sound = more psycho HP! :p

Hondatech
09-25-2002, 11:51 PM
I've got my eye on a red one.

Funny story that.... I had my eye on a red one too, but our supplier told me that since there's this whole looming thing with Iraq, and that K&N makes all the air filters for AH-64 Apache helecopter gunships and M1A2 tanks, they're production of "civilian" air intake systems is very badly delayed, and it'd be two months before I'd see a red one. Eeep. Wonder if a chopper filter would fit....

Did some more late night rampaging with the new intake tonight. I dig it. I dig it a lot.

JSIR
09-26-2002, 08:31 AM
on a cool night the engine gets pretty torquey with the intake, power is even better.