PDA

View Full Version : upper mounts

dustinhurley
01-27-2004, 10:41 AM
I've read a few times that most of the noises from our suspension is due to bad stock upper mounts. And that it gets even worse when you lower the car and still use the stock upper mounts. Some kits come with these, such as Tein Flex and JIC, and others have them as an option, such as KW and new Tanabe kits. My question is, are the upper mounts really that important? Is it worth buying a more expensive kit that either comes with upper mounts or has them as an option, as opposed to buying Tein Basic and using stock upper mounts? I'm talking mostly street usage, focusing on comfort.

Also, are all aftermarket upper mounts the same? Some are listed as pillow ball upper mounts and some are just listed as upper mounts. I know that some are camber adjustable and other aren't.

Thanks.

tyscivicsi
01-27-2004, 11:48 AM
thats a great question. i lowered my car eariler this mourning "2:30A.M." and i had it all back together and herd a popping sound turing the wheel from left to right. so i ripped it back appart and the noise is gone but i was also wondering the same thing?