PDA

View Full Version : Hatch Question

Si4U2NV
09-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Ive never owned a hatchback before but did anyone else notice we dont have a trunk (hatch) release?? if we wanna open it we have to do it manually...WHATZ THE DEAL WIT THAT?! hehe... itz WEIRD... i was lookin allll around for one ryte afta i bought the car...

oh well...

-Mike

esmith13
09-25-2002, 07:35 PM
well, it's simple...

When you use a remote release for a regular trunk, gravity keeps it from opening up all the way... It just pops up an inch or two...

With the air shocks necessary to keep a hatch open... If it was remote unlached, it would probably flip all the way up and open and could be used to cream an unsuspecting passer-by in the face if your timing was poor...

Not to mention flipping up the hatch all the way in one motion without holding it can probably be damaging to the hinges on your hatch!!

Just my opinion....

Si4U2NV
09-25-2002, 07:48 PM
...good point... but STILL... hehe oh well... i dun need to open the hatch when im not around anywayz...lolz

-Mike

richardmulhern
09-25-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by esmith13

With the air shocks necessary to keep a hatch open... If it was remote unlached, it would probably flip all the way up and open and could be used to cream an unsuspecting passer-by in the face if your timing was poor...

If your timing was poor?!?! I wish I had a remote hatch popper and some good timing right now!! Haha not to mention when some morons is tailing you just pop that and let the sucker feel the "hatchback attack" of our si's :D :cool: :eek:

SpeedRacer
09-25-2002, 08:05 PM
hahahaaha and who pays for the damage?

SBC31
09-25-2002, 08:20 PM
I've only ever had hatchbacks, and this is the first one with no hatch release lever and I love it.

richardmulhern
09-25-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
hahahaaha and who pays for the damage?

OBVIOUSLY the person on your ass! That whole road rage/he was on my ass arguement gets you out of anything!! :D :D

richardmulhern
09-25-2002, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah and when I read this the first two things that came to mind..

1. Sitting in the parking lot of a grocery store just waiting for old ladies to wheel by with a cart behind your car.. 10 pts for hitting the cart.. 25 for hitting just the old lady

2. Me and my roommate stopped at a light. Hey dave I think my hatch is open wanna go slam it for me real quick. He gets out behind the car and :eek: WHAM :eek: I pull the lever.

This is why we don't have a lever :) :) :D

ssvr6
09-26-2002, 05:04 AM
My GTi had it, it's convienent at times.

Steve

CleanBlackSi02
09-26-2002, 09:58 AM
I just wish we had something on the remote entry for the hatch. That would be nice.