PDA

View Full Version : water spots on window! impossible

321 GO
01-28-2004, 01:09 AM
ok, ive been trying to get these water spots off my passenger side window for months now and i can't find anything to get them off. what do you guys use? tried a few different window cleaners, water spot removers, vinegar, and even a clay bar that took them off the paint, but i cant get them off the window. also anyone know of anything to take the film off the front window? from using the wipers a lot lately it left a build up kinda. last question...anyone heard of using fine grit sand paper to clean the windshield? i thought i remember a friend telling me that was how they got the rain x build up off of his dads car. i cant remember now, that was a while ago.

AkronSi
01-28-2004, 01:42 PM
I've found that using the clay bar on the windsheild really helps with the build up. For the spots, try something like Klasse all-in-one or a dedicated glass polish. Autoglym makes one that is supposed to work great. I'd try something like that before hitting it with sandpaper.

BSEVEER
01-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Maybe steel wool but I'd say ixna on the andpapersa.;)

sniperSI
01-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Use hand wax or some wax cleaner and ALOT of elbow grease.

goy091
01-28-2004, 02:35 PM
i use Stoners glass cleaner.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjU1NDE2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

ep3hatchattack
02-02-2004, 07:29 PM
The best thing ive used is a razor blade, scrapes that shit clean, just wash it with water, dry it, then use a razor, and then hit it with soap and water, or wax it after. thanks, dave

dofu
02-02-2004, 07:35 PM
goo gone takes care of almost anything