PDA

View Full Version : what clutch are you guys using

bigbeau
01-28-2004, 12:33 PM
ok heres what has happened, my car was broken into and they took the center console were the stereo resided. they broke plastic piece around shift boot, punctured shift boot, scratched up dash beyond repair, ripped out my amp that was bolted behind the back seat, they took my subs, broke the pasenger window out, and scatched up the pasanger door. now that i have stopped getting p!$$ed off im taking the money getting window fixxed and replacing center console but the rest of the money im getting cybernation kit, clutch, and exhaust. so I have a few Questions.

1. what clutch are you using?

2. were did you drill your oil return line on the oil pan?

3. did your kit come with any instructions or did the tech support line help out on any Q. you had?

4. If you are using an ACT clutch which are you using since they only make it for the rsx. solid, 4 puck, 6 puck and what fly wheel?

5. sorry for being so long

WHT02CIVICSI
01-28-2004, 04:01 PM
i have the act clutch in my car mine is a 6 puck. its the same one for the rsx.im also using a fidanza flywheel.dont know about drilling for oil return cause i have the greddy kit.but can tell u greddy has great customer support.

esmith13
01-28-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm not - but most are goin with Clutchmasters Stage 4

Imagine the pan while attached to the car. On the side of the pan that faces the rear of the car - high up on the pan near where it mates with the block.

3. did your kit come with any instructions or did the tech support line help out on any Q. you had?
NO INSTRUCTIONS AT ALL. But their tech will literally stay on the phone with you for HOURS at a time. EPHatchgirl had them on the phone for like 4 hrs, did a little more install work and had them on again for a few more...

4. If you are using an ACT clutch which are you using since they only make it for the rsx. solid, 4 puck, 6 puck and what fly wheel?
Cybernation recommends getting a RSX-S flywheel so you can use a RSX-S aftermarket clutch kit. No kit for the Si/RSX base will hold the CN kit's power for long @ full stage I boost levels (10psi)

5. sorry for being so long
Not a problem.... Last bit of advice - pay a shop to install it... SERIOUSLY

Eric

madbrain
01-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Centerforce dual friction clutch and ACT prolite flywheel for the RSX-S.

bigbeau
01-28-2004, 11:59 PM
ok heres the deal ive been going to school for high performance auto mechanics and have finished 1 year but i dropped out for a while to let my wife finish school. but i plan to start back in the fall and then plan on opening up my own shop to sell and install aftermarket parts and eventually fabricate some as well but i havent done this type of install yet so i figure what better way than to do it myself. i have lots of reading material that can help but am sure i will need a few questions answered in the process. i also have my professor to help but he hasnt done this type of install eirther. he has worked with a/f managment systems before. sorry this is so long. i do appreiciate all of your responses and hope to be turbo'ed in a few weeks. oh yah thanks guys

K-Series
01-29-2004, 06:20 AM
Clutchmasters Stage 4

Not sure, Cybernation did the install

CN Should be able to walk you through it. I'm not sure if their install manual is done yet, so you'll most likely have to call them during the install.

Good luck!

Steve

Dunrick
01-29-2004, 07:10 AM
Yeah get ready for a hell of a lot of torque...

I forgot you have stock clutch Esmith...your nuts.

Aftermarket clutches are great, its not all soft. Its either engage, or disengage. There is hardly any middle-ground. It can be jerky when you first get it, but you will get used to it.