PDA

View Full Version : $2 for 20 HP!

WrathOfAZSI
01-28-2004, 12:45 PM
You guys seen this shit?

Ebay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42604&item=2456040805)

JapanExpress
01-28-2004, 12:46 PM
sign me up for 2...who needs an a2 motor? heh

gr8buddha
01-28-2004, 12:52 PM
omg !! i want one too let me know when u get it installed !

evilep3
01-28-2004, 01:09 PM
interesting.... let us know how it works for ya
:rolleyes:

jaydub
01-28-2004, 01:19 PM
we saw it the last 19083232 times it has been posted on here.

TezGari
01-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
we saw it the last 19083232 times it has been posted on here.

Ture. But this time someone install it so we can laugh...Opps i mean see how it works. :D J/k!

Civicvtec1ps
01-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Someone buy one.
lol/

DavidT
01-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Speed chip? It's a freak'n 99 cent resistor you can get at radio shack. And how can that mod be legal? It is completely ILLEGAL. Any modding of the five major sensors (ECT, IAT, TPS, O2, Speed sensors) is totally illegal. It will also void your warranty big time.

All that thing does is fool the IAT with the resistor. The resistor takes up some resistance, leaves more resistance for the IAT thus fooling the IAT to tell the ECU there's cooler air coming in when it's not.

It will throw off your air/fuel ratio. Because the ECU will enrichen the mixture, but you will have hot air (remember colder air is more dense, takes more fuel to burn) and then you will have more fuel than air and you will get a rich mixture. Rich mixture will give you bad MPG, increase HC out the tailpipe, lower CO2 (not good), and a whole bunch of other things I'm not going to say. Gay item. 20 HP my ass, that's gayer than AEM's 17WHP claim for their V2 :D

Mugen_EP
01-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
Speed chip? It's a freak'n 99 cent resistor you can get at radio shack. And how can that mod be legal? It is completely ILLEGAL. Any modding of the five major sensors (ECT, IAT, TPS, O2, Speed sensors) is totally illegal. It will also void your warranty big time.

All that thing does is fool the IAT with the resistor. The resistor takes up some resistance, leaves more resistance for the IAT thus fooling the IAT to tell the ECU there's cooler air coming in when it's not.

It will throw off your air/fuel ratio. Because the ECU will enrichen the mixture, but you will have hot air (remember colder air is more dense, takes more fuel to burn) and then you will have more fuel than air and you will get a rich mixture. Rich mixture will give you bad MPG, increase HC out the tailpipe, lower CO2 (not good), and a whole bunch of other things I'm not going to say. Gay item. 20 HP my ass, that's gayer than AEM's 17WHP claim for their V2 :D

BINGO!!!:cool:

BlasTech
01-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Oh, yeah, I installed 5 of them, now Im running 9's! :D

civicSIracer
01-28-2004, 02:17 PM

totally agree.. finally someone knows what there talking about..
go ahead and fuck with your sensors.. remember that there more the 2 bux to replace..

TezGari
01-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
totally agree.. finally someone knows what there talking about..
go ahead and fuck with your sensors.. remember that there more the 2 bux to replace..

I agree, stay away from it. :p

Tenacious G
01-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Gay item. 20 HP my ass, that's gayer than AEM's 17WHP claim for their V2 :D

LOL ... couldn't have said it better myself.

WrathOfAZSI
01-28-2004, 03:32 PM
I had no intentions of buying the damn thing, I'm just wondering if ya'll know anyone dumb enough to try it

siver-SI
01-28-2004, 03:32 PM
I was taking to a guy at work who had bought one of these and a SRI for his car and he thought it was going to give his car around 30 HP total. I just looked and just walked away and laughed.

2.0L Monster
01-28-2004, 04:37 PM
It could work if your running very, very, very lean. :rolleyes:

evilep3
01-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I was taking to a guy at work who had bought one of these and a SRI for his car and he thought it was going to give his car around 30 HP total. I just looked and just walked away and laughed. that is the best response ever lol i can just imagine :smilem: