PDA

View Full Version : Rattle

Spidey
09-25-2002, 08:30 PM
I'm getting a rattle noise around the glove box area. I don't think its the dash but it sounds kinda like a small spring rattling inside the dash near the glove box. Does anyone else get this. It's annoying over uneven payment and bumps.

silver ep
09-25-2002, 09:00 PM
I have rattles on my steering wheel and sunroof it drives me frikin mad! :mad:

natesi
09-25-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by silver ep
I have rattles on my steering wheel and sunroof it drives me frikin mad! :mad:

I have two in the sunroof. If it's closed all the way it makes a noise in the liner or something, but if I back the slide panel thing off a bit it quits. The second rattle is when it's tilted open

Other than that the doors rattle a bit and so does the passenger seat. Can't really locate the exact position though...

sonic imperial
09-26-2002, 05:55 AM
I'm at 2000 miles and my car has a ton of rattles now. I don't know what happened because I don't drive on that many bad roads but when you hit a little uneven pavement, the car just has a ton of creaks and rattles in the doors, moonroof, dash, etc. It didn't start until after driving it a while. I think it just loosens up over time. But again, this is my 3rd NEW honda and I haven't owned one yet that didn't start rattling. Ticks me off but I get tired of trying to fix them, I just turn up the radio.

hacim
09-26-2002, 07:18 AM
I have 3200 miles on my Si and I dont have any rattles or creeks or anything like that and we have some horrible roads here in Colorado. Are you guys taking corners hard and atuff like that? Why dont you take it in to the dealership, take advantage of the waranty.

sonic imperial
09-26-2002, 07:40 AM
You must be lucky to have gotten a tighter built car. I don't know what it is, I drive mine like normal, no hard stuff. Cruising down the highway is not a problem, it's those gravelly roads and choppy interstates where the vibrations/buzzing sounds occur. I can crack the windows about an inch on both sides and the rattles go away also.

corbinh
09-26-2002, 08:05 AM
my glovebox rattles so bad I have to leave it open or it drive me crazy with the squeaking that it does. I'm at 1800 miles, i'll get it corrected when I take it in for the 1st svc.

sonic imperial
09-26-2002, 08:10 AM
Has anyone tried just tightening up that glovebox some? I'm not sure if that will help or not.

SBC31
09-26-2002, 08:58 AM
I'm sure this is not the case for many of you with the glove box issue. But, when I worked for Toyota many years ago, it became obvious that many cutomers who complained about noises (especially from the glove box) was just because of all the loose junk they had in them.

Again, I'm sure you guys have experienced the glove box issue with it empty, so if this is the case, it should be a simple adjustment for anything that is loose.

My car does have some rattles and so on, but mostly due to the junk I have in the center console. Plus I did drive the car on cottage dirt/gravel roads, which tends to loosen' things up a little. Nonetheless, nothing major is rattling with my car.

02-sir
09-26-2002, 02:17 PM
I have a minor buzzing from my drivers door. It goes away when I lock the doors, so it's probably in the linkage to the door lock

natesi
09-26-2002, 05:32 PM
I will take mine to the dealership in a couple months. I'm just waiting to see what else crops up and if I can locate the rattles. I'd rather have it in for a day to get everthing fixed than take it back for every little thing I want addressed. Plus, If I can't locate the rattles, I doubt the techs can. The thought crossed my mind to just get some self tapping screws and screw the crap out of stuff. It will look like crap, but it won't rattle.....

Tragedy
09-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Hondas are known for rattling. All of the Hondas I've owned rattled. My Integra was the worst of them all...