PDA

View Full Version : Those with JIC Magic Coilovers, some help please!

Project JDM EM2
01-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Those with JIC Magic Coilovers, some help please!
Hey everyone I have JIC Magic coilovers and on the front the knob is about half an inch from poking out of its hole...it can hit the boot I hear people say...

So my question is, if I leave it like this can I get a 3 inch drop and full shock travel?

Or is it the more down it goes the worst the shock travel gets... if that's the case will I bottom out with it like this?

ConeCrazy02
01-28-2004, 10:14 PM
I don't have my car dropped that low, so I can't tell you. With lower ride height you're going to run into much more problems than those you listed.

With the car dropped too low, the car wont handle as well.

For one, the rear control arms will almost be parallel (or worst a V) and that cause problems due to the suspension geometry.

Dropped too low, and you run out of adjustments for the toe.

Dropped too low, you're cause damage to your axle

Full shock travel can be retained if you don't preload the springs.

You don't have to run out of shock travel to run out of suspension travel. When your tires hit the top of the wheel well, you're out of suspension travel even if your shocks still have travel.

Now if you run out of suspension travel because you hit the top of the wheel well, it is not a subtle kind of disturbance, but more of a violent and sudden kind of disturbance. Danger to the public and to your precious car.