PDA

View Full Version : Tax refund == New mod

Bicho6
01-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Before I start I to apologize for posting one of these threads. It seems everywhere I turn someone is asking about what to do with an extra few hundred bucks. Well much to my dismay I am going to be one of them and ask you what should I buy for my ep02 with the extra 2-3 hundred I will set. It will be my first mod and I don't really want anything major like engine mods or anything that I will need a mechanic because i don't have a lift nor am i mechanically savy. I was thinking tint, then I was thinking air intake. I don't know, I'm sure you guys have ideas please let me know or just post what you are going to do with your money.

Peking
01-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Intake and tint for under 300 dollars :D

Civicvtec1ps
01-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Intake and mid pipe.

DumbNewB
01-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Intake and tint for under 300 dollars :D

I agree

BlasTech
01-28-2004, 10:59 PM
my tax refund will be $3500... dont ask, its already spent. :D

Black 02 SI
01-28-2004, 11:03 PM
intake and my old exhaust system :) i have a midpipe with stock res. and a custom axle back exhaust. the absolute best sounding exhaust ever, have many people who have heard it. i like the way it sounds better than my magnaflow. the only possibly bad thing about it, is the muffler is kinda ricey, two angled tips, b4 everyone flames me, my dealer put it on, said it was a "performance" exhaust. if you like the look, good exhaust. i went a 15.2 with that exhaust and my injen cold air intake.

this is from the classified ad i posted a while back.

i just got my magnaflow so i have a custom exhaust for sale. here's what it is. from the cat to the stock resonator it is 2.25 piping, then from the resonator to the muffler it is also 2.25 piping. the muffler is just a universal one that has two tips that angle up. it sounds real good, many people have heard it, and liked the way it sounded(gabesilversi, esmith, ephatchgirl, blacknredsi, etc...) it sounds almost like a hks, and has absolutley no ricey sound at any RPM range, very deep sounding. personally i love the way it sounds, but as i said my g/f ordered me magnaflow for x-mas. i will post pics later(it's still on the car until tomorow). make me an offer. i'm in NJ. oh yeah and the midpipe is welded to the resonator, and the muffler is bolted to the resonator.

Black 02 SI
01-28-2004, 11:04 PM
hell yeah mine is around there too, and mine too is also spent, can somebody say BOOoooSSTTTT. awww yeah.

Vertigo
01-29-2004, 02:46 AM
It must be nice to get those big checks back from the IRS!

Black 02 SI
01-29-2004, 02:59 AM
yeah, it's nice, but then again, it is MY money the I worked for and THEY took, lol.

teejoh
01-29-2004, 05:14 AM
...some of us have to pay back:( :( This tax thing needs to be revamped. I went to college work hard and really have no real deductions....and have to pay back. My neighbor and his wife are helping over-populate the Earth have three kids and another on the way and he's getting back almost $5,000.....lesson have 50 kids and retire early ;)

STP03BlueSI
01-29-2004, 07:04 AM
Shit..my tax return was spent back in December:confused:...and i am workin on my taxes right now.:rolleyes:

EvilSlvRCiViC
01-29-2004, 08:10 AM
Pay my computer off so i can have more money to send for my car payments:o this sucks wanted rims and a drop--

rgGolf4
01-29-2004, 08:18 AM
I will be getting some new rubber with my return. I was looking at the Yokohamo EVS..I think thats the model. Anyway, I'm looking for 205/55/15. Does anyone know if thats too wide, or not wide enough. Can I go 210 and a 45 side. i think it might be too extreme. The wheels are stock.