PDA

View Full Version : Koni Yellows

IIx 03 EP xII
01-29-2004, 06:21 AM
what is the best settting for the koni yellow? ive heard that if you set them too stiff... then you can blow them... is this true? if so... then i definitely need to know how to set mine!

Spazhead
01-29-2004, 08:02 AM
i have mine set to max firm, ride is a little stiffer, but haven't had any probs, 6 months now, even if i did, lifetime warranty on koni's.

K20A3Si
01-29-2004, 08:07 AM
i have had mine since august...and i have had no problems...i keep mine very stiff in th erear and medium in the front...i feel the most comfortable with this setting...you may hear some creaking when it is cold and you just start driving ..but it goes away...i am happy with them.

IIx 03 EP xII
01-29-2004, 08:15 AM
alright, that is helpful... i think im gonna go with medium in front and then medium in the rear... and see how that works out. so there is a lifetime warranty? thats awesome... they should be here within a few days... and my H&R springs just came in yesterday. thanks again guys.

styllinep3
01-29-2004, 12:40 PM
so how many of you guys did the koni install on your own?

i really want new shocks. ive been on teins and stock shocks for a year, and live in pa were roads sucks BAD. i cant take the shitty ride anymore. and its doesnt seem like full sturt replacements are coming out anytime soon. so i might just do the konis.

anyway how long and diffcult is the install? other then the cutting is there a whole lot more to do?

Spazhead
01-29-2004, 01:57 PM
i did my own koni's and eibach, 5 hours with a buddies help.

styllinep3
01-29-2004, 02:11 PM
im liking that gfx kit. so how much was that, oh wait you can get that on the 03s in canda cant you? we coundlt till 04 right. any why its how and i want it

Spazhead
01-29-2004, 02:33 PM
FREEBIES!!!!!!!!!!!
FREEBIES!!!!!!!!!!!
FREEBIES!!!!!!!!!!!

in the words of monster garage!!!!:D

IIx 03 EP xII
01-29-2004, 02:41 PM
i just talked to the people at tirerack.com... and the rear koni's arent in stock... but are supposed to be in by the 10th of february... but that is not a confirmed date... so it could be before or after that date... THIS SUCKS!! im so anxious to get all my stuff on!

styllinep3
01-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
i just talked to the people at tirerack.com... and the rear koni's arent in stock... but are supposed to be in by the 10th of february... but that is not a confirmed date... so it could be before or after that date... THIS SUCKS!! im so anxious to get all my stuff on!

dude theres a brand newset on ebay for 499.

they are the inserts for the ep. dont have a link or feel like looking, just check on there under 02 civic si or ep3.

i like monster garage, jesse is the man .

what do u mean freebies? did it come on the car.

Spazhead
01-29-2004, 06:17 PM
HOnda gave the GFX (includes spolier, side, front, rear skirts + Carbon Fibre dash kit) for free on the 2003 model...

but they stop offering it for free on the 2004.

styllinep3
01-29-2004, 06:21 PM
those bastards, and only in canda right? damn dude you lucked out anyway the shit looks good. i like it alot! wish i could get one :'( :(

IIx 03 EP xII
01-29-2004, 08:51 PM
well they are already ordered (the koni yellows) and the fronts are on the way already... so getting that set on ebay would just be a waste of money unless i could sell them... but that is too much of a hastle... ill just wait, besides i gotta wait 2 weeks for my fiber images lip kit to be made... i didnt know they made them to order!!!

styllinep3
01-29-2004, 08:53 PM
oh if you order already yes. i was just saying if you didnt there are some;)

IIx 03 EP xII
01-30-2004, 08:30 AM
well thanks for the information... i wish i would have known about it a few days earlier... then i would have jumped on it... but when i searched right before i ordered mine, i couldnt find anything on ebay, so i just went with a reliable company. im gonna wait til mid february when i have ALL my parts (lip kit, rims, springs, struts, rear sway/tie) so then it will go from 'almost stock' to 'BAM!!! check out that ride'

Spazhead
01-30-2004, 11:04 AM
good buy!!! what type of springs were you planning on? or do you have a set already?

IIx 03 EP xII
01-30-2004, 12:56 PM
i have a set of H&R springs... im so excited about finally getting my suspension set-up. i think with the koni's... the H&R's... and the Progress rear sway/tie bar combo... i should have a pretty sturdy suspension for a daily driver who likes to drive spiritedly every now and then (of course safely). and my D3 lip kit and my Rota Slips (16 inch flat black of course) should be here around the same time the rear konis finally come in!! i cant wait... thanks for all the feedback... i think this is a record for one of MY threads.

oh yeah... what are the best settings? so far ive gotten hard to medium... any other ideas?

IIx 03 EP xII
01-30-2004, 10:34 PM
the front koni's just arrived today... i got the 2 day delivery thing cuz it was like 60 cents more!... but now i gotta wait like 39843 days it seems to get the rear koni's. ill keep yall updated.