PDA

View Full Version : debadged?

AzN Si GuY
01-29-2004, 10:37 AM
well i'm creating this thread for all those that want to debadge there civic. i took my back civic and Si emblems off a few months ago.

at the time i probably had my car for about a year and a half and all of a sudden i wanted them off, i already took off my i-vtec a few months after i got it.

i messed up and there was the sticky stuff still on my car, tried to take it off unsuccessfully and now there's MANY lines of touch up paint. now what was the method i should've done?

k20whiteboi269
01-29-2004, 11:04 AM
i just used some GOO GONE. and then waxed it afterwards. i had no problems doin it that way

chet
01-29-2004, 11:30 AM
I left my car at the local bodyshop for 40 minutes and handed them $40. Sorry, I'm lazy and didn't want to screw up my paint. They took of the rear civic, the dealer badge, both i-vtec side stickers. I think a good investment.

andy
01-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Heat whatever you want to take off (emblems or stickers) with a
hair dryer/heat gun, or just leave it in the hot FL sun. ;)
Peel off (if stickers) or use a thin string/dental floss to get the
emblems off. Then, Goo Be Gone the sticky stuff. In total, took me
15-30 mins, didn't even leave a scratch. Wax once done.

Spazhead
01-29-2004, 02:00 PM
easiest way to debadge your car is park near a high school and the kids will debadge it for you!!!!!:D :D :D

FiL
01-29-2004, 02:33 PM
i used a hair dryer, dental floss, and bumpersticker remover to take off the badges. came out perfect.

cease
01-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Spazhead
easiest way to debadge your car is park near a high school and the kids will debadge it for you!!!!!:D :D :D

or you can do what i did, i parked my car on the street and the phucken theif debadge it for me. :mad:

S2KplusSI
01-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Leave it in the hot sun, or since it's winter, a blow dryer, dental floss, and goo gone. You'll be good.